RC Qualifier

550 12t or 540 20t

I have a mini Digger and BTW congrats to Pavement on getting his daughter in the hobby but anyways i wanted to know.. which would be better i want torque but able to hit atlease 15 to 20 mph would the 540 20t be good or just stick to the the stock 550 12t i just burnt up my first 12t motor it has been 3 mouths now...i am going to go brushless (1406 4600kv mmp) but i want something just to play with for now till i get the money!!! and i need it to be able to work with the XL-2.5 stock Esc Thanxs

RC Qualifier
    Can Anyone Help Me????

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The stock titan is actually quite a fast motor... but as youve seen, its life is not long. A 20t (like a stinger) wont be quite as fast but they are known to run forever.

I think a better solution to the problem is an Electrifly S-600. Its a 19t but its a 550 size can. Theyre really a long lasting motor and can be geared up a bit from the Titan to compensate for the lower higher turns. This is what im putting in my daughters truck so I never have to worry about it crapping out on me.

RC Qualifier
    Hey thanxs pavementsurfer umm my LHS has the stinger in stock should i just pick up that and if i do.... do i need another motor mount cause the stock one as we know is a 550 and the stinger is a 540 or will it fit!!!!!! and will the stinger have more torque then the Titan 12t or does that have more torque and speed!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The stinger won't have as much speed or torque. IMO you should look for the S-600 somewhere or buy another Titan. The stinger will fit the mount you have with no modifications. But you may not be happy with it.

RC Qualifier
    Okay i will just buy another titan till i can go brushless but before i do i will look for the s-600 i heard all good reviews on it not a single bad one!!!! i would buy that for sure and get a couple if i find them Too