RC Qualifier

Shock wieght for big bores and bashing/jumping...

i was wonder what everyone that has big bore shocks runs in the rear and front for bashing and jumping their emaxx brushless. I have never used anything other than the stock shock oil that comes with the shocks. i bought big bores for my tmaxx and used the oil that came with it and they are pretty soft. what would be a good weight for both my emaxx and tmaxx or would they be a little different? and should i get different springs for them also? i just dont want to be smashing the ground with my chassis anymore when i hit my home made jump... any suggestions?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    For bashing, 40 weight with gold Associated MGT springs would be great. For jumping you'd want extra support, so going higher to 60 or 80 with Associated red or copper springs (or comparable rates) would be ideal.

All I do is bashing, and use stock 30wt oil with two red and two gold springs in the rear, and 30wt and all red springs in the front. Depending on the surface it sees, I'll either run one thick preload clip per shock for extra clearance or only one per corner for on road running.

RC Qualifier
    do you think if i go to 60wt for just all around bashing and jumping that might work? and what type of shock oil should i get? i am going to the hobby shop tomorrow morning and getting the big bores so i wanna get some different shock wt too.

anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-12-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: merge
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In my maxx I run 80wt I thought it would be too much but works pretty good and I run white springs I took off my t maxx much stiffer then the stock red springs

RC Qualifier
    Not to highjack your thread davy, but I was going to start a similar thread asking if stock tmaxx shocks would be better than the emaxx shocks. My emaxx is way to soft. I hit the brakes and the front end dives and the thing turns to one side and I have no control over it.
    addicted much....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you are going to go with stock shocks do the same stiffer springs and thicker oil. T maxx shocks are basically the same

RC Qualifier
    I have a brand new in package set of tmaxx shocks with the white springs. Just put some thicker oil in them? What about preload spacers and mounting position?
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    hey 50 for jumping and all around bashing which holes do i want to have my shocks mounted it? the closest holes to the center? oh ya i have all rpm lower a arms too i know there are different holes than the stock.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5