one rpm trans case done

one done[IMG][/IMG]
    One to go[IMG][/IMG]
    one of two,don't[IMG][/IMG]
    recommend, pro line trans,doing what it does best looking nice,to bad they didn't[IMG][/IMG] work nice
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Oooooo, man!! That is going to be one of my next upgrades for sure! I had both of my screws that hold the chassis to the tranny strip out and fixed by notching out the bottom where the ends of the screws hit and put lock nuts on them to keep them secure. It has held up quite well and I was just waiting for it to break to replace the trans case. I thought the Pro-Line case was a bit too pricey and I love RPM stuff, so I'll have to get one for sure.
    I also noticed that you have the Pro-Line body mounts. How do you like them?? I got a set, but like an idiot, I ordered a replacement set by mistake and it didn't come with the thumb screws. After realizing my mistake, I ordered up the thumb screws but just haven't got them yet. Just wondered it they work on bodies with already existing mount holes. If not, I think I already have a solution. Shoulda went RPM, but these were cheaper and I like to stretch my RC dollar as much as possible.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    I totally agree with you about the PL transmission. I took mine off and stuck it in the closet. Nice looking piece, just hard to keep slipper adjusted. Went back with my existing integy case and haven't looked back. I like your rpm case. Looks great.

Sent from Oser world

Thanks,and avoid the pro line trans like its the flu that wont go away,They don't even make good paper weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    I totally agree with you about the PL transmission. I took mine off and stuck it in the closet. Nice looking piece, just hard to keep slipper adjusted. Went back with my existing integy case and haven't looked back. I like your rpm case. Looks great.

Sent from Oser world
    Stay rpm any time you can,when i but pro line,its a must have basis only,after that trans,and not admitting there mistake their not a company you can trust,they even tried to tell me,my 3800kv was to much for the trans,that's why they wont hold up.lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Oooooo, man!! That is going to be one of my next upgrades for sure! I had both of my screws that hold the chassis to the tranny strip out and fixed by notching out the bottom where the ends of the screws hit and put lock nuts on them to keep them secure. It has held up quite well and I was just waiting for it to break to replace the trans case. I thought the Pro-Line case was a bit too pricey and I love RPM stuff, so I'll have to get one for sure.
    I also noticed that you have the Pro-Line body mounts. How do you like them?? I got a set, but like an idiot, I ordered a replacement set by mistake and it didn't come with the thumb screws. After realizing my mistake, I ordered up the thumb screws but just haven't got them yet. Just wondered it they work on bodies with already existing mount holes. If not, I think I already have a solution. Shoulda went RPM, but these were cheaper and I like to stretch my RC dollar as much as possible.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-07-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: post merge

I've been waiting to purchase the proline transmission until they got more use by forum members. I guess they aren't holding up.

Billy, how much run time do you have with the rpm tranny?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Honestly one run,and here in Michigan its way to cold to tell temp changes on the motor,all and all it's just a stock traxxax with out the bottom hole,the aluminum plate,witch i can almost guaranty will work great,its twice as thick as the pl,and of course offers the same ease of remove ability as the pl,as the control arms don't have to be messed with to take it off for maintenance.
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out pl rushed their trans to the market,because they knew as soon as rpm let news of their new case,pl had no chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I've been waiting to purchase the proline transmission until they got more use by forum members. I guess they aren't holding up.

Billy, how much run time do you have with the rpm tranny?

RC Racer
    Not to get off topic but I am in the market for rims and tires for my slash. What tires do you have on that bad boy?

which one/[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Next perce View Post
    Not to get off topic but I am in the market for rims and tires for my slash. What tires do you have on that bad boy?

RC Racer
    2nd pic from your first post I should of specified. Now I realize your first post I was looking at different trucks. Newbie but an oldie.

RC Competitor
    Looks great! I ordered mine on Friday and I can't wait for it to get here! I had broken the connection to my lower control arm so I first figured that I would get an aluminum gearbox. I bought a Golden Horizon box and it was crap. The gears didn't spin freely after it was put together. So now I'm down another week until my RPM gearbox gets here...

MrTLV

2.8 traxxas rims with pro line street fighters 32p gears Robinson hardened steel 54 tooth spur and 3/8" clutch pad.15 tooth pinion.Max confirmed speed 72 mph,with 20 tooth pinion same spur.
    castle powered sct 3800kv 4 pole,pro line suspension kit Losi shock the rest is rpm,except caster blocks aluminum stc
    Quote Originally Posted by Next perce View Post
    2nd pic from your first post I should of specified. Now I realize your first post I was looking at different trucks. Newbie but an oldie.