RC poster

suspension and king pin recomendations

Recently purchased a VXL Stampede. Used to run a Tamiya Hornet about 25 yrs ago. Saw it in an old box when we were moving houses. Talked to a friend and here we go again. At least now i can afford the repairs.
    I am upgrading to some aluminum parts and wondering if anyone has any recomendations for pins and such. Original style, e-clips, etc. Need something that will take some abuse while I re-learn how to drive but dont want to waste money.

RC Qualifier
    Hey welcome to the forum. Check out STRC. They make a hinge pin set for the pede like sixteen bucks and works great. They make some great add ons for the pede. You might look in to the pro line pro trac kit too.
    The p2de is a great truck there are so many ways you can go with it. Lots of helpful folks around here for input too.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Qualifier
    I run the STRC pin set and I like them because then there is no e-clips and if you are getting that then I also get the supension tie bar from Traxxas. One thing though is they do not inculde the pins for your castor blocks. I still get them as I ran a good speed into a horse shoe pit that took out my shock tower but it didn't even bend the pin also there poishled so there a tad smoother too. Also welcome to the forum.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone!! Checking out STRC right now. So looking forward to this again.

RC Champion
    For the king pin I like to drill out the caster block so I can install one of the suspension arm pins. They are much larger and perform very well with plastic caster blocks. Using aluminum blocks will prevent the king pin from bending as much. But it really does not fix the issue.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

STRC Lock pins FTW! and if by chance u bend one, which is VERY difficult. they are sold individually in pairs. (contrarary to what most people know)

They are fantastic....

Anouther benefit... Is u dont have the issue of them backing out by themselves. And stripping the holes. I had one that used to back itself out all the time back in the day.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Good point Loot. The Anza hingepin kit includes inner pins, front and rear, that are extra long to work with their braces. These braces are an additional 7 bucks a pop. After disassembling my truck, I found a bent front inner hinge pin. I'm a bit cheesed off because if their pins call for their braces, why not sell them all together as a kit? Oh well, I'm not bashing the Anza pin kit, but buyer beware - be sure to get the 2 braces to go with the kit