RC Enthusiast

3 shoe clutch problems

3 shoe clutch problems
    I've recently upgraded my engine on my revo and it came with a 3 shoe clutch in which I've never delt w/ one before. Every clutch before for this has had a 2 shoe w/ a spring. Anyway I am trying to install this so I looked up some YouTube videos on how to do so. In the videos they get the springs to lock into the bolt holding down the flywheel, and my springs don't seem to do so. I can place the shoes w/ the springs attached right onto the shoe posts no problems but no locking. I can put the clutch bell right on top and it seems to spin freely. Don't want to hook up the engine tho because I feel I haven't done something right. Can some1 shine a light on this subject for me if they can.

RC Enthusiast
    So I think I found out what the problem was. I bought it off eBay. I didn't put much thought into the fact that it was new but had been taken apart from a new engine. Anyway when they took it apart I think they bent the springs to where they didn't lock. Now here is my new question. Will I be alright to bend the springs back to where they lock (which I already have) or are they basically ruined and shouldn't use them?

RC Champion
    Best thing to do is try and find out. This hobby is trial an error. Start her up and see how she does
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

I'm running an Integy 3-shoe clutch and the springs don't really "lock" into the flywheel nut, they just press tight against it. I usually take a slim screwdriver or allen wrench and push them toward the engine a little, but they just ride on the nut.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC Racer
    Can you post a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
    I'm running an Integy 3-shoe clutch and the springs don't really "lock" into the flywheel nut, they just press tight against it. I usually take a slim screwdriver or allen wrench and push them toward the engine a little, but they just ride on the nut.
    I am running one too, I put it on my revo 3.3 engine and lik it very much compared to stock.....
    Its quite a hastle to put it together but I managed to and fits perfectly, performs better then I thought for an integy....
    Lost a C clip, so now I shimmed the shaft and put a screw with blue loctite....
    Live life to the fullest