While walking thru WalMart one evening before Christmas with my Daughter in the cart, she spotted and fell in love with a NewBright Ford Raptor... kisses and all. She, in her own way, (cannot talk yet) asked if she could hold on to it; which is not out of the ordinary as we usually let her hold and play with certain toys while we are in the store. She is even pretty good at putting them back when it is time to go... not bad for a 3 year old. Anyway, while putting it back she smiled and signed "please"... how am I supposed to resist? The $50 price tag! lol But, on our next trip we found a smaller, more living room friendly Mustang for $10... much more affordable for a toy grade RC.

Since Christmas, she has gone through 25-30 AA batteries...

I started looking for a rechargeable pack that would be about the same voltage or less and that would fit in the 5 AA compartment with a little Dremel work. I found a few 2S LiFe but they had smaller capacities than the AA's. So, I tore the car down to see what would fit under the body yet over the chassis... turns out that a 5,000mAh 2S LiPo hard case I have almost fit there is so much room! Within millimeters!! But, I do not want to mess with LVA's and such on my Daughters inside RC... so I started thinking and the Series 1 NiMh that came with my 16th Revo and 16th Boss will work perfect! What else am I going to use them for?... I have gone LiPo with my 16ths.

So far, my only concern is the extra cells worth of voltage...

I will find a way to mount either one or two Series 1's above the chassis tonight (only to be used one at a time) and solder up a connector on the NewBright Mustang. The connections will be in the 5 AA compartment.