Thread: RC BEST CVD's

RC Competitor

RC BEST CVD's

Anyone try them? Since I'm ordering diff cups from them I thought I'd try a set. My summit shafts have a few runs on them and should be failing soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    do you know who made them? i see it all the time i'm just not sure wether they are good quality.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    i think they are made overseas like china

RC Enthusiast
    I would like to know if they are any good too!

RC Champion
    I have heard of this maker before. Ive never run them but seen folks posting about weak drive cups.
    I picked up a set of Traxxas steel CVDs and have been looking for another manufacturer in the event these fail. So far so good though.

RC Champion
    That pic you posted is for the nitro version. Be sure to buy the right set for your truck. Iv been using the trx cvds for awhile now and they have been good to me.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    i use summit axles in both of mine.i used the traxxas ones and kept bending them every time i took it out.they went in the trash

RC poster
    I have changed my front two to the summit ones and will post on their longivety, can we use the summit center shafts too

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    i use summit axles in both of mine.i used the traxxas ones and kept bending them every time i took it out.they went in the trash
    the traxxas steel one??
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

RC Qualifier
    My summit shafts have a few runs on them and should be failing soon.
    Not sure why your summit shafts would be failing after only a few runs... On that same note, I can't imagine these cheap Chinese CVD's being more durable than the summit shafts.

IMO, the summit shafts are more durable than the Traxxas steel shafts.

RC Competitor
    Sorry. I dont mean that they are all failing but at least one does.
    How do you know that the "cheap chinese cvds" that are made in taiwan wont be better. Where do you think traxxas stuff is made?
    We all seem to be having more trouble with the traxxas stuff. Thats why we are turning to the aftermarket companies. Right?

We all seem to be having more trouble with the traxxas stuff
    Maybe, but driving into curbs, trees, and jumping 15+ feet doesn't help either...
    Is owning 25 RC's too many?... Nope!

RC Racer
    Kershaw designs dogbones will forever solve your cvd problems. But the summit shafts are still very strong and dont fail quickly. Except if you put a MMM esc and 2200kv motor on it with a set of 3s batterys for 6s power. Failure is immenate then in a number of places.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Maybe, but driving into curbs, trees, and jumping 15+ feet doesn't help either...
    Why are you assuming i hit curbs, trees and jump 15'. Mind you i am now able to do that with all the rpm stuff i've upgraded to. I run 4s all the time now and cant keep the drive train from failing. Im assuming your only experience is with traxxas.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt View Post
    That pic you posted is for the nitro version. Be sure to buy the right set for your truck. Iv been using the trx cvds for awhile now and they have been good to me.

I have these on my Nitro revo 3.3, get on fine with them, only bent one after running into a tree stump... once they are bent they are scrap as they tottaly throw out ballance.. so if your going to run them you need a few spares or I think you can buy the actual steel shaft and replace just that...

what is the differance between nitro adn E? i thought that drivetrain would be identical...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoDeano View Post
    I have these on my Nitro revo 3.3, get on fine with them, only bent one after running into a tree stump... once they are bent they are scrap as they tottaly throw out ballance.. so if your going to run them you need a few spares or I think you can buy the actual steel shaft and replace just that...

what is the differance between nitro adn E? i thought that drivetrain would be identical...
    The center shafts are different lengths than the nitro Revos since the transmission on the E is further forward on the chassis.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Don't do it they bend very easily. Have a set on my Revo 3.3 and it was great until the end kept popping out. Swap out the older 3.3 motor to a RB big block, change wheels and tires and it was over. CVDs lasted about a week.

Why are you assuming i hit curbs, trees and jump 15'. Mind you i am now able to do that with all the rpm stuff i've upgraded to. I run 4s all the time now and cant keep the drive train from failing. Im assuming your only experience is with traxxas.
    Oh sorry, I wasn't saying you are a bad driver... I was saying some people drive their rc's REALLY hard, and then say, "Why did my car break? Traxxas sucks!" After they hit a curb going 50+mph.
    Is owning 25 RC's too many?... Nope!

RC Champion
    Im just curious as to why the steel cvds work great for some and not for others? Im running them in two different ERBE's, one setup for street and high speed and the other set up for off road both with Tekin RX8/ T8 2250 combo. Havent slipped one out of the cups or bent a shaft yet. Maybe its because I bought a few extra shafts?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooky36 View Post
    the traxxas steel one??
    yes the traxxas steel ones

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    yes the traxxas steel ones
    jeez, we just installed all traxxas steel ones on both erbe... i guess time will tell.
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Im just curious as to why the steel cvds work great for some and not for others?

Im one of the peeps the cvds works great for. I love them. Was tired of breaking the stock shafts. Havent had to replace any shafts ever since i went cvd. I wont deny that they can pop out and bend BUT as long as you got the pillow balls screwed deep enough into the arms, it will massively reduce them from popping out and the only time it might happen is if you have a catastrophic crash. Bending is going to happen to the best of them. Iv owned a few other rc's with cvds and they all had issues with bent shafts. I dont think there is getting away from it if you go cvd. A hammer straightens them out nicely tho ;D
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    I got tired of the Traxxas CVD's popping out... They only ever popped out on the rear. I switched the rear's out for summit axles(which have been bullet proof) and left the steel cvd's up front. No problems. The setup has been fantastic and durable.

RC Qualifier
    i hope they work out for you. mine kept bending up front and popping out front and rear and i even had the extended cups.sometimes i think its just my bad luck with some things.since i.ve went to the summits only have broke 1 and it was my fault it broke.

RC Competitor
    what is the part # for the summit shaft in the rear... traxxas steel shaft bend and poped out twice already, kinda annoying! waste of money i think with those steel traxxas shaft... should've read those post before ordering
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

Long shaft is #5656
    Rock n Rolla !