Thread: titan help

RC Qualifier

titan help

Hello
    I need some help with my titan you see I been cleaning it and now there snown so I just been oiling the bushings and now if I clean it and hook it to a battery it runs for 30 seconds then the rpms go up and down and stopped so I spun the pinnion and it ran for a second and stopped the amture is black were the brushs are and looks abit scratched does anyone know how to get it running. It is only 2 months old. Also when it was in the truck I push it and it run then it now won't even make that buzz sound also yesterday if was running fine as it started 2 days ago no it won't run.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like the brushes are worn out. Some Titans run a long time and others have a very short life. I had one that only lasted 2 hrs! It is possible you have some sort of contamination in the motor. Most likely its just wore out.

They are not rebuildable so you need to get a new one. Time for a new one or better yet upgrade to a brushess system
    Traxxas Slash all others are just Toys lol

RC Racer
    Yeah brushes are definitely worn out, if you want to stay with a brushed motor look for a different motor than the titan. Tbey dont last very long

Two months hard running,you got a good titan.
    And you oiled the bushings,smart.
    Did you take time to break it in?
    I saw a 15 turn fire bolt for $17.00,with replaceable brushes,now if i could just remember the web page?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrocutioneer View Post
    Sounds like the brushes are worn out. Some Titans run a long time and others have a very short life. I had one that only lasted 2 hrs! It is possible you have some sort of contamination in the motor. Most likely its just wore out.

They are not rebuildable so you need to get a new one. Time for a new one or better yet upgrade to a brushess system
    He speaks the truth. All the Titan I have, run.
    One has worked for 2 years with no oiling whatsoever
    My other is 2 weeks old and I think it's dying but idk
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL