Dumping more money into the Maxx - another build thread.
So I previously posted this in the pic thread;
That was some months ago. Since then I've had to move from Brisbane to Gladstone and have been putting more effort into my short course truck, SCX10 and started racing 1/8 buggy. The last time I took my Emaxx out I popped the rear toe end out on the local tracks jump (is a very consistent problem) and stripped one of the RPM a-arms where the pillow ball screws in, which was my fault, I had the cup done up too tight and something had to give. Also needed new body posts as I destroyed the previous ones, happens when you go 50m up the road with no shell on and you're upside down.
Originally Posted by Suteki
So the car has sat around needing a few bits and pieces. Steering servos work but the clicking sound given by them indicates there are some teeth likely missing, the torque with the Big Joes is also lacking. Sick of the toe rod ends coming out. Hinge pins are all bent which prevents arms moving freely. It's all been annoying me a bit so I went to buy some parts to repair it but being in Australia and parts taking forever to get in I figured stuff it, I'm going to hit the whole thing in one go.
On order now;
FLM Hybrid bulks with 1/8 diffs
FLM Aluminium chasis (non-LCG, I don't like the way the batteries sit in the LCD)
Savox Brushless 'Monster Torque' servo (2270SG from memory) (444oz/in @ 7.4v)
Castle Creations 10amp BEC
Lunsford Titanium hinge pins
4 x Black RPM A-Arms
Front and Rear Traxxas Aluminium Toe Links
I'll be getting some new pics as I do this also.