Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Erevo Outerwears

Who uses Outerwears? And do you trust them enough to use in the snow with a Mamba Monster setup? Just ordered a set am I am wondering if I can trust them in snow.

Thanks,
    Clay

RC poster
    They are fantastic, I water proofed my Esc using liquid tape but after fitting the shroud don't think it was needed. I am bashing in serious wet snow, sometimes the car just looks like a giant snow ball, when I get inside, put it in the bath, shower it off. Off with the canopy, some more showering holding the car at the right angles so the water doesn't follow gravity...all dry inside, great product. When fitting it, I concentrate on getting it tightest in the front.
    Last edited by Brett74; 12-16-2012 at 02:25 AM.

I bought the Dusty's cover, liking the zipper... Only took about a week to get...
    We have yet to get any snow, or rain for that matter...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

i pulled the plug on a Dusty's cover on Friday night, gave up on finding one locally distributed. Decided to take my chances on a shipment from Lithuania heading into the Christmas season. Hoping i might see it mid Jan lol.

I'm actually going to install velcro on 3 of my ERBE chassis based vehicles too so that i can just swap the cover back and forth.

Cant drive them all at once, and definitely don't feel like spending an additional $85-90 for covers...
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    I just ordered one for the e-maxx I will see how they are !

RC Qualifier
    Big Block KB
    ERBE Tekin rx8
    MERV Basher

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by woog421 View Post
    Who uses Outerwears? And do you trust them enough to use in the snow with a Mamba Monster setup?
    Do I trust them in snow ???

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so now I am a believer. Thanks Imprez. I think its going to be the best $45 I have ever spent.

RC Champion
    Does the Dustys cover wrap all the way around? If so would be a little concerned about the bottom getting torn up.

no it does not

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    no it does not
    Cool, its hard to tell with the photos posted of it. Kinda looks like it wraps all the way around and cinches in the front and back. I like the idea of the zipper too and just might have to order up a couple of them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by woog421 View Post
    Ok, so now I am a believer. Thanks Imprez. I think its going to be the best $45 I have ever spent.
    No prob man, and yeah as far as hop-ups go the Outerwears is by far the best bang for your buck on the E-REVO Brushless.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the video!! gonna get my outerwear this week, can`t wait... suppose to get lots of snow this week so good timing heh
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

RC Qualifier
    I use it for 1 year with a waterproof mamba monster and played in snow and in water without problem !!

here a vid that i played in the rain !!

Been running longer get you more fun longer !!!

RC Racer
    I bought 3 of them today. But now I need a fourth because I bought another 1/10 e-revo off eBay.

RC Qualifier
    i did the same in the snow without problem !!

Been running longer get you more fun longer !!!

made me cool watching BUUURRR.......

RC Competitor
    finaly got my outerwear after 1 month (lost in the mail)... hehe wow that thing is a beauty and works awsome in snow
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by clp71220 View Post
    I bought 3 of them today. But now I need a fourth because I bought another 1/10 e-revo off eBay.
    My plan is to install velcro on both my ERBE, Eslayer and Summit and just swap my cover back and forth.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    My plan is to install velcro on both my ERBE, Eslayer and Summit and just swap my cover back and forth.
    When I go to play with my E-revo I take the wife with her E-revo and two of my kids with there Lipo Summits along at the same time. 4 cars running at once. Its a family afair.

I don't have that problem right now. Didnt feel like dropping $100 on covers so i just bought some extra velcro.

RC Racer
    I hear you. I did not have this problem before november 2012. But i bought a Blue 1/10 lipo Summit and it all started from there.

Me and the kiddies.

RC Competitor
    dusty motors all day

RC Qualifier
    where you going in the snow???? NO WHERE!!! LOL i might have to get one one these too it rains a lot here in jacksonville fl always rains on the weekend.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    is the only thing keeping the water out around the side of the chassis velcro?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Davyjones That is all it needs to repeal splashes. The Velcro works well but be sure you clean the plastic real good to get good adhesion. And no this product does not make your car into a submarine. It is a close nit mesh screen and it acts like a ducks back as in water just beads up and runs off.
    My thing was just to keep the rocks and other unwanted stuff out of the car chassis. We race in a hay field and hay will fill up in your car pretty fast. But these covers keep it out.

I cleaned with Rubbing alcohol, take some time to get the velcro just so.......
    I like the dusty cover with the zipper....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I cleaned with Rubbing alcohol, take some time to get the velcro just so.......
    I like the dusty cover with the zipper....
    I have an OuterWears but really like the looks of the Dusty Cover. Does it attach w/ velcro like the OuterWears? And where did you find them in the US?
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Racer
    I have a dusty motors cover, yep it uses Velcro to attach. Think they only sell through ebay.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Dusty motors cover for me. After having an outerwears on a few other vehicles the zipper just seemed like an obvious addition. Super annoying to have to take the cover off every time you need to get at anything on the chassis.

Ebay & only took maybe a week to get one, they have 100% feed back...
    going to get another one..........

RC Racer
    I assume i can use the same cover for my Summit?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Yes it will fit the summit also. You can do a search through google and find them else where other than ebay. But what ever floats your boat. End result is a dusty motor on your truck.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Qualifier
    I ordered two Dusty Covers yesterday from eBay........got confirmation this morning they had shipped; much faster than I EVER would have expected. When I get them, I will compair to the Outwears if anyone cares.

RC Enthusiast
    i pulled the plug on a Dusty's cover on Friday night, gave up on finding one locally distributed. Decided to take my chances on a shipment from Lithuania heading into the Christmas season. Hoping i might see it mid Jan lol.

I'm actually going to install velcro on 3 of my ERBE chassis based vehicles too so that i can just swap the cover back and forth.

Cant drive them all at once, and definitely don't feel like spending an additional $85-90 for covers...
    I'm thinking of ordering one for my Summit, just wondering how long it took to get to you? I'm in Calgary.

Still waiting. I think it shipped Dec 14th.
    Would certainly have paid a bit more to buy this NA local but i couldnt find them anywhere on this side of the pond.
    TheToyz has been out of stock forever.

RC Qualifier
    So here is a question on the Dusty Cover........Do you still have to undo the Velcro to change batteries? This is my main complaint on the OuterWears brand; after time the adhesive on the Velcro starts to let go. I’m hoping you have better access to the batt doors by unzipping the cover????

RC Qualifier
    I've had velcro holding my body on for quite some time now, no sign of it even starting to loosen. I found some low profile velcro locally.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep800 View Post
    So here is a question on the Dusty Cover........Do you still have to undo the Velcro to change batteries? This is my main complaint on the OuterWears brand; after time the adhesive on the Velcro starts to let go. I’m hoping you have better access to the batt doors by unzipping the cover????
    You still have to remove the cover to gain access to the battery doors I'm afraid.

RC poster
    I live in Calgary and was able to pick up the Outerwear from PM Hobby craft for $47 and it works great. I think you have a PM Hobby Craft in Edmonton.
    Cheers