RC Qualifier

Rear suspension on my 2wd slash

whats up every1 so my slash is pretty new and yesterday after I ran it I got home and noticed when I push down on the rear all the way the shocks don't push it back up it just sits there pretty much bottomed out after awhile of leaving it like that it'll come up a lil but not very much is this something I should be worried about or is it normal

RC Champion
    Check the bottom of the shocks. I bet you lost your bottom shock cups. Either that, or you bent a shock shaft.

RC Qualifier
    just checked all that it looks normal I did notice some mud that dried up but I didn't even think it would stop it from decompressing so I'm going to go spray it down and see if that works, also when I spray it down I shouldn't have to worry about anything getting messed up right? it's completely stock

RC Racer
    +1 on the bent stock shaft look close.

RC Qualifier
    yea I'll check it out I'm about to go to my local hobby shop and pick some stuff up so maybe I'll just get new suspension

As I remember,all my slash's had very soft suspension out of the box,it even tells you in the owners manual they come set up for of road, rough surfaces,and at the track, the trucks that look as thou there sitting low,are for the most part up front,but it also tells you how to set it up for harder surfaces,it,s not hard to do.
    I race on lose dirt short coarse tracks,with jump after jump,then a large oval,also lose dirt,and spent most of my time up front,or in first place.
    But put me on clay,and I look like a student driver,bouncing off the walls,and other trucks,I'm getting better a little at a time,but learning how to re tune the truck suspension,has a lot to do with it.sitting still the truck stays low,but moving on a rough track the suspension unloads a lot more than you can see,I'm still very new at shock oils spring tension,and the hole rc race thing,but I have fun,and its getting my grand kids off the couch and breathing fresh air.
    Take your time listen to people in the know,there are some on this forum,that know a lot,and have taught me a lot.
    Have fun,imo, that's number one.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Mine does the same thing. Install the spring preload spacers.