RC Competitor

Servo turns farther than truck can

Hi all. I installed my new single servo setup and besides needing to stiffen up the servo saver, it's working fine.
    However, I noticed the servo turns a few centimeters farther than the truck is designed to so I presume the servo is constantly fighting to turn farther than the linkage will let it. Isn't that going to burn out my servo? Can I fix that some how?

Thanks!

RC Competitor

here is a pic

RC Champion
    setting on the transmitter allows you to set the "end points". This will stop the servo where you tell it to so it doesnt over rotate.

Check out the manual and see what luck you have

RC Competitor
    thanks a lot!

If the servo endpoints allow too much travel, at the very least the servo will get very hot pushing against an immovable object. If the servo is strong enough it will also torque the whole front end. Been there, done that.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    thanks guys. here is an image of my current alignment. it seems pretty squared up to me but I'm wondering about using the inside hole vs outside hole on the horn? it also seems like my truck turns farther to the left then it does to the right...

RC Competitor

There are stops on the steering brace that could be shaved a bit for a little more travel.who wouldn't like sharper steering?Maybe split the difference little more turn and set the end points down a bit.havent tried it myself yet.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I've also thought about giving it more castor to help with climbing while turning...don't know if its worth messing with though.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    I don't know how to change the castor but some negative camber works wonders for bashing on soft tires.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Competitor
    I pretty much just crawl with some occasional top end bursts, so far. I just ordered an aluminum servo saver kit so I'm excited about getting that into my truck. Even with all the screws tightened, there seems to be a lot of flex in there with the new servo.

RC Competitor
    i just did the same swap on monday,i used the stock horn but will have to check that

RC Competitor
    do you guys have an opinion on using the outside vs inside hole on the horn? THANKS!