RC poster

Indoor Clay track running

What do you guys think I would need to do to make my merv 1/16 able to run this course, has anyone in the So Cal area been here before running a pretty much stock setup?

Live video when they are open

http://wcrcr.com/

What are the limitations?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Id def set up with a center diff. Id ask those racing what tires they are using for traction
    Suspension is kind of a driver preference, as is chassis alignment. Id start at 2* toe in on rear 1* toe out in front and -1* Camber all the way around and tune accordingly.

I have a copy of Associated Chassis tuning guide (they one you have to pay for) If you'd like a copy or anyone else for that matter, pm me your email address and Ill send it along. Lots of good info in there
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    What are the limitations?
    I don't plan on entering any races at this point,as far as doing upgrades, I would be open to it as long as it didn't get too out of hand just want to be able to run a track like this as there are several around my area. Mainly I was wondering how my stock merv would do on this type of track.

Stock with Ken's tuning advice would probably fair pretty well. Traction is probably going to hold you back the most... I think a pin tire is going to be what most racers on that track run... if it is allowed. (I have read of some pretty funky rule sets for local tracks)
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    this is a track that holds national events. Traction wont be an issue with the right tires. Heck, Ive seen some blue groove surfaces use slicks with success. Plan on buying specific foam inserts too if you want to REALLY hook. They are usually just a couple bucks more

These are used at my local hard clay track
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]