RC Racer

new traxxas item idea?

so i was in the shower today when it hit me. why doesnt traxxas make a smaller boat? they have the helis which are cool looking they've had huge success with the 1/16 rc's so why not make a smaller version of the spartan with the 1/16 motor? ya i know it wont be as big or fast but it would give you alot more options for playing with em like in a pool or pond instead of needing an ocean to hit top speed. I also think that it would be cool cause father and son can both play with their boats at the same time. whats yalls opinions?

RC Champion
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Without gear reduction that motor turns twice as fast as the Spartan motor so if you put it in a really efficient hull, it would go pretty fast. Any boat that actually planes is too big for a pool though. Something around the price of the little helis could get people interested in boats... then they would buy the spartan.

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Racer
    something i just thought about is if they did something with a ducted fan or prop they could put the electronics inside and the rc could be used in water and snow making it a multi terrain/climate rc for those people that live in frozen areas and dont like using their regular rc in the snow cause of the cleaning necessary to keep it nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think traxxas is the perfect company to build an RTR jet boat. I dont think smaller boats are bad, but after owning a bunch of them in all sizes the small ones are NOT fun in real water. In a pool, sure. But on a lake... no. It has to be glass calm or they just bounce around. A jet boat though, that could be fun and it would be different enough that it would probably sell.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I think traxxas is the perfect company to build an RTR jet boat. I dont think smaller boats are bad, but after owning a bunch of them in all sizes the small ones are NOT fun in real water. In a pool, sure. But on a lake... no. It has to be glass calm or they just bounce around. A jet boat though, that could be fun and it would be different enough that it would probably sell.
    With a hefty 3 grand price tag for a jet? Doubt it! Good idea though, lol!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Champion
    No, jet boat as in propulsion by water jet. The same way a sea-doo or jet ski work's is what he is probably talking about.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Oh, I thought he was talking about a turbine engine boat!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E