RC Qualifier

Servo saver options

Quick question, are there are good and cheap aftermarket servo savers for the Rustler/Bandit?

I recently decided to change my stock 15 or so year old servo saver (the white plastic is now yellow!) for a new stock one. I don't know if it was just bad luck, but the new servo saver lasted one race meeting and it sort of exploded itself apart for no apparent reason as I didn't crash out hard or anything.

Or should I just get another stock one? Was I simply just very unlucky?

I've since turned the exploded servo saver into a servo horn by filling it with glue. May just about work in an emergency situation...

Sent from CM10 Android device using Tapatalk 2.

Kimbrough Monster servo saver. I use them on my Slashes and a few other cars. I usually trim it up a bit to resemble the stock one slightly more and also drill my own hole for the link, further out towards the edge than the stock holes. Seems like you need to turn the EPA all the way up to make a stock Traxxas steer full in both directions, so the extra travel helps a little.

If this is for your Bandit? What servo are you using? All my 2wd Traxxas buggies have/had metal-geared servos, so I never use servo savers. My Bandit has a Hitec 925MG with no servo saver and it works great.

If you really need a servo saver, that HR steering rack looks nice. Built-in servo savers are way better.

RC Qualifier
    It is for the Bandit, that's right. I have a metal geared servo as well and outdoors I certainly don't need it, but indoors, I don't think it hurts to be cautious

It may be placebo, but I do think the steering feels more direct without the saver on.

Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post

It may be placebo, but I do think the steering feels more direct without the saver on.

No doubt about it.