RC Competitor

Just ordered my Dirt Hawg I Off-Road Tires Mounted on Desperado's and charger

Yup Got my Christmas bonus at work and knew right then I was going to order the tires, wheels and the traxxas Ez-peak Plus charger!! Cant wait for every thing to come in. Finally will be able to use them SPC batteries I have had for over two weeks lol.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Heard great things about all those things.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So you ordered or going to order?
    Those are nice but premounted will balloon!

RC Competitor
    Already ordered them.. 50, I will try them and if I have to I will try and remove the tires from the rims and tape. Knew I should have read more and asked here before I placed the order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not too bad. You pick up a lot of speed when they balloon!

You could try winding fishing line around the outside, secured in a few spots with super glue.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    50, can you explain me what is premounted will balloon?
    I'm buying these http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...07100&CartID=8 tires, and these wheels http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...I2195&CartID=7
    That set/combo is going to be fine to my merv? or did I have to change somthing, or buy something else?
    thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Premount tires are never taped from the factory. Buy unmounted and tape them yourself
    __I would look at hpi 2160 for chrome looking or 2140 black both have more offset then the web and you can even run dirt hawgs on them with a little stretching

Premounted tires at high speed balloon (get skinny )at high speeds
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-21-2012 at 02:45 AM.

RC Competitor
    Thought I would give an update. My charger and tires came in today. I imeditly read the direction for the charger and spc lipo's and got a battery on charge. While charging I mount the tires and wheels changed to the 23 tooth pinion. Wow my merv came to life. Got it out side and right away a wheelie and plenty of speed! I only bash so didn't notice much balloning in the tires. Temp maxed out at 130 so I'm happy. I will have to watch the temps in the summer but think it should be okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2