RC poster

New Summit - My Thoughts

I have been into RC cars/trucks for over 25 years and I am not really an RC forum poster (just really been a lurker on the boards for many years), but this truck is way too cool not to talk about...I just added this beast to my ever changing collection. I typically only keep 2-4 cars/trucks at one time and the Summit was a truck I never thought I needed or wanted. After buying and UN-boxing this truck today, I was blown away by this thing! I am lucky enough to have a really nice hilly forest preserve with several hiking & biking trails right near my house and took this beast out today...I am still shocked at how amazing this thing performs. It was doing things that I truly thought was not possible with an RC and I cannot wait to take it out again. Nothing I have ever owned has ever come close to driving and really destroying the forest like this truck. Personally, I do not feel any mods are needed for this truck and I plan to keep it totally stock. Keep in mind I have a ton of experience with RC (I have owned too many vehicles to count) and I have only driven the Summit one time and I am that impressed with this truck!

If anyone reading this is looking for the baddest RC Truck, look no further! In the right setting, this thing is so much fun and you will not be disappointed.

RC Qualifier
    I agree. Traxxas really nailed it on this one. It's the one truck I own that I can go out alone an still have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    I agree. Traxxas really nailed it on this one. It's the one truck I own that I can go out alone an still have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
    Well put. I feel the same way!

RC Qualifier
    Pics or it didn't happen lol joking

I havent even ran mine yet and already want another one for brushless fun as well
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yup, the summit forum is one of the tightest nit groups of guys because we all feel exactly the same way Summit= awesome. Overall I agree that no mods are "needed" but there are some that are very beneficial. One each and cheap mod is to lower your body. You have to trim a bit of lexan off the front and rear bumper areas but the body is really heavy and lowering it helps lower the trucks centre of gravity.

A single servo is a great upgrade... not necessary but worth it IMO. Also, the Tbone chassis and A-Arm skid plates are a great addition as they let teh truck slide over rocks and roots and stuff instead of getting hung up.

Other than that, get some 8000mah lipos and youll have 2+ hours of run time.

Welcome to the forum. Youll like it here im sure.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome forum! Good choice on the Summit, absolutely brilliant piece of machinery.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yup, the summit forum is one of the tightest nit groups of guys because we all feel exactly the same way Summit= awesome. Overall I agree that no mods are "needed" but there are some that are very beneficial. One each and cheap mod is to lower your body. You have to trim a bit of lexan off the front and rear bumper areas but the body is really heavy and lowering it helps lower the trucks centre of gravity.

A single servo is a great upgrade... not necessary but worth it IMO. Also, the Tbone chassis and A-Arm skid plates are a great addition as they let teh truck slide over rocks and roots and stuff instead of getting hung up.

Other than that, get some 8000mah lipos and youll have 2+ hours of run time.

Welcome to the forum. Youll like it here im sure.
    Or we're a tight group of nits...not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by MLR
    If anyone reading this is looking for the baddest RC Truck, look no further! In the right setting, this thing is so much fun and you will not be disappointed.
    Here's the definition of "Gets it."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Hey KSB... Only 2000 more to go. Then you ban me

I'll just send you some shiny objects to distract you for a couple/few months.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Finally, the Hobby Shop called me and told me their shipment of Summit’s had come in. I had asked them to reserve one for me since I though it looked cool and all it could do… so shy not?

I walked in paid and didn’t even take it out of the box. One customer who was already there had bought one and when he pulled it out of the box after a while and I almost fainted. It was BIG. I started to worry. Where would I store this, what would my wife say… I went home… Without my Summit… I was on the Bicycle that day so could carry it back home 10Km and it was getting dark.

I thought of so many thing on how to explain my wife why I bought it… OMG.. It would be very tough explaning. I don’t like cars, I am a RC 3D flyer. I fly Heli, Plane and Multi rotor and I just finished a 60 size P-51 from H-9 8S 5000mAh set up. I barely managed to squeeze it into my Storeroom which is packed with Mini titan, Trex-500, Trex-600 N-pro, Sebart Sukhoi e-29 my brand new P-51… What I am I gona do tomorrow when I bring this back home.

The best thing I could think of was that it would be nice for my Son (coming to 2 years now) to pick up some RC skills and what better way that starting with a BIG truck that isn’t too fast…

That’s what it was, I came home on Friday evening and left the box just outside the house cause otherwise our son wouldn’t want to go to bed and just try this new car… Our daughter turned out to show a lot of interest in the car when se saw it.
    I made some adapters On Saturday for my Charger to charge the batteries and get ready. My Son was it bit intimidated by the size of the car so we went out to take it for a “maiden” ride.

The rest you all probably know… that feeling…It is difficult to describe how amazing this car is, How it rides, climbs and crawls. The TRAXXAS Summit is AWSOME, unbelievable how well it performs. I was putting some FPV equipment on my HEX-Copter but that is going on the Summit first…
    All flying is on hold till further notice…

TRAXXAS, you guys changed the RC car experience, you did an outstanding job!