RC Racer

The final 2 problems

The last steps of my revo reassembly and I hit a road block. I got the truck in the form of many pieces so I've never had it all together.
    Problems are:

1. Air filter when installed over the carb is right up against the spur gear which by itself is a problem but on top of that, theres no more space for a cable tie.

2. Can't tighten down one of the screws for the exhaust pipe manifold. The neck bends right in front of the screw to where I cannot get a wrench in there.

Probably an easy answer but I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks so much
    Last edited by kirwinjd; 03-20-2015 at 10:22 PM.

1. Are you sure you have the Revo/Slayer neck or T-Maxx? What size spur do you have? Have you verified if the chassis is bent under the engine?

2. It is difficult and the best tool I used was the ball end wrench that came with the Revo. However, a better upgrade is the platinum edition header which was held on by springs. The screwed on header tends to break at the weld or split at the bend.
    The Super Derecho

Just a suggestion,
    Be sure that your air filter tube isn't just backwards. It will be close, but the sharp bend end should clear the gear. I run big spur gears and didn't have problems. I don't use a tie on mine, it fits the carb pretty tightly.
    Have to agree with Double G, a ball-end allen wrench will get in to it if the screw is snug already, but a spring header works great.
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. I'll go with the spring header. I just completed a total rebuild of a T max so it's posible I have the wrong manifold.
    I have the stock spur gear which I know is correct.

RC Racer
    i had the same problem with air filter but found out my lhs gave me one for t-maxx
    what did i break

RC Racer
    It's not the bend of the air filter neck that's touching the gear. It's the lip of the rubber boot that goes over the carb. When I expand it to fit over the carb opening, it actually comes in contact with the spur gear. So I'm still in the dark as to how I'm going to clear the gear (hey that rhymes) and still have room for the tie strap.

RC Qualifier
    a picture will solve all this maybe its for a tmaxx or maybe its backwards. We need a picture or 2 pictures, one zoomed out and one zoomed in

RC Racer
    I understand a picture would really help but this is where I'm such a dope. I still don't know how to upload photos onto this site. I'm willing to try again if someone can try and walk me through the process like I'm a 2 year old. First question: Do you know if it can be done with my iPad?

RC Qualifier
    Your chassis is probably bent. It's a tight fit normally so it doesn't take much of a hit to flex the motor plate and cause the issue.
    Revo 3.3, EMBE 6s, ERBE 6s (x2), Summit 4s

RC Racer
    Oh crap! Never thought about that!
    I have no history on this truck but if Murphy's law is in full force and effect, your probably right.
    Any way to check for a bent frame? Any way to unbend?
    Thanks for your input

May not be that bad. My experience is that there is a little slack in the engine mount screws so you may be able to loosen the screws and move the engine back a little. Or you may be able to move your trans forward a little. It sounds like it's almost ok, just a bit too tight. Be sure and paper-set your gear lash as you tighten things down.
    Just a suggestion, I AM a mad-scientist
    chop it up ... stitch it up ...It's ALIVE !!!