Is the Losi 3.4 Carb Worth it?

Hey guys, I've been reading A LOT about putting a Losi 3.4 carb on a TRX 3.3 to give it more power, and a better tune. So far, from what I've read, it seems worth spending $40. So, I want your guys opinions. What's good about it? Do you notice a difference in power? Any other thoughts about it? Pros/cons? Thanks!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

Oh, I forgot to add, what is the cheapest place to buy it online?

RC Qualifier
    I hear you get more power, easier tuning and it supposed to hold a tune a lot better. It sounds like a no brainer. I just ordered one off E-bay for $38.99. Can't wait to see how much difference it will make. I was wondering, if the losi 3.4 carb is so good how good is the 3.4 motor it comes on. It's only $154 on E-bay, with that excellent carb already on it.

RC poster
    Also, is it an easy swap out? as in, no adapters needed and is the air filter assembly compatable etc.?

RC poster
    You might have to sand it a bit to fit into block u just used a bit of emery cloth. And will have to file the linkage to fit into throttle fork. It took me about 10 minutes from time I got it to running the revo. IMO it is worth it. A lot more power and it runs smoother with better response.

Sounds like it a good buy. Any one have any negitive reviews?

Initially mine didn't turn out as well as promised. I had it on then reinstalled the 3.3 carb. Then I found a crack at the base of the 3.4 carb. I also had to grind down the base a little so that it was not so snug in the throat of the block and the arm on the barrel needed to be Dremel'd a bit so that I could use it. The only issue with it is that if the barrel rotates as it slides in/out it hangs up a little bit someplace (read in the Losi forums that this was a common issue for them). I've only noticed it while adjusting the angle of the carb and the throttle linkage and while the engine is off. While running it does not seem to have the issue.
    I've found that I've hardly touched the HSN needle and the engine screams with plenty of smoke at full throttle. The LSN is nearly 1.5-2 turns out from Losi factory settings and now it seems to be fine. I believe I have an air leak someplace, however, this engine is a mutt as it is my original block from 2008 with bearings that are a few gallons old, a mismatched piston and sleeve and over one gallon on a repinched sleeve so I'm not too concerned about it. I have another new engine waiting to be broken in and then this carb will go on it. Is it worth it? Yes, IMHO.
    Read up about it in this thread along with my argument and supporting figures of fitment in post #75. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-need-to-know/
    Last edited by Double G; 05-22-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    The Super Derecho

^ Thanks, that's what I was looking for. What part needs to be dremeled? I can't figure it out.

Is this what I need? I'm 99% sure it's the right one, but I just want to make sure.
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...tro-3.4/Detail

RC poster
    Yes that's the one. Same place got mine from.