Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34

    Jato 3.3 update questions

    I'm new to this rc nitro jato 3.3 I did a little modifying the piston sleeve witch I did see a diff but I want more is that Lois 3.4 carb help and a better clutch an bigger pipe still running stock everything beside the port an polish sleeve need some advice on upgrading strictly for drag racing only

  2. #2
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    Does anyone care to help please new to the rc world?????????

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Woodward, OK
    Posts
    757
    The losi carb will help, it made my modded 3.3 come alive. Ths makes a good pipe. You could go to a buku clutch, have never ran one myself, but have heard very good things about them. For drag racing, there may be some better pipes out there.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    Thank for the help what would you say about goin bigger on spur gear like for a 54t to 56t or 58t for better low end

    I do have Lois carb on its way along with the ths pipe an 56t spur gear run 54t on it now
    Last edited by Double G; 02-09-2016 at 08:29 AM. Reason: merge, edit the post instead of posting more

  5. #5
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Think of a bicycle: the clutch bell is like the front sprocket and the spur gear is like the rear sprocket. When you switch gears while riding what ones give you the better low end and which give top speed?
    The Super Derecho

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    I would think small gear will give me low end speed of you think I should go down on both gear I went up on the spur get from a 54t to 58t having tired it out yet thought

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    It seems like it should be a good medium what would you think of that being????

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Think of a bicycle: the clutch bell is like the front sprocket and the spur gear is like the rear sprocket. When you switch gears while riding what ones give you the better low end and which give top speed?
    So there for I should have went down on my SG an CB

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Woodward, OK
    Posts
    757
    A bigger spur gear will give you more bottom end, less top speed
    A smaller spur gear will give you more top end, less bottom end
    That is if the the cb stays the same.

    A bigger cb will give more top end, less bottom end
    A smaller cb will give more bottom end, less top speed
    That is if the spur gear stays the same.

    A two tooth change on the cb will be a more dramatic effect, than a two tooth change on the spur will be.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    A bigger spur gear will give you more bottom end, less top speed
    A smaller spur gear will give you more top end, less bottom end
    That is if the the cb stays the same.

    A bigger cb will give more top end, less bottom end
    A smaller cb will give more bottom end, less top speed
    That is if the spur gear stays the same.

    A two tooth change on the cb will be a more dramatic effect, than a two tooth change on the spur will be.
    Really appreciate it you was a big help to me one more question with me already having a vintage clutch Bell do I still need to get a vented clutch bell for the buku clutch ... she lot of people will make these recommendations to have a vented CB but my stock CB that came on the 3.3 is vented??????

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Woodward, OK
    Posts
    757
    I don't think it will need to be vented, will not hurt anything though
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    I don't think it will need to be vented, will not hurt anything though
    OK thanks but for as my understanding it was the only reason recommended to change rite??? Or other reason also...

  13. #13
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    As far as I know you don't need a vented clutch bell, just a new one (according to Buku) because of "residue" left on the bell from the standard clutches. Though when I've replaced the stock/MIP clutch I've taken the glaze off the bell with a 1000 grit abrasive paper and then a light wash with some brake cleaner.
    The Super Derecho

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    I just put on 2.8 trenchers with a 22 CB and 56 spur, thing rips now!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •