RC Competitor

Had a stack, now rear wheel wobbles...

Hi All,

just had a high speed stack with my Slayer Pro and it did a few cart wheels down the asphalt road, now i notice one of the rear wheels has a wobble about it, just like you see lorry's from time to time.

I'm assuming I don't need to adjust the toe in or out, but I have no idea what is bent/broken to cause the tyre to do this.... any suggestions on what to look at? I don't want to leave it like this as i think it will cause the tyre to scrub out early.

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    My first thought would be the axle/driveshaft...

RC Competitor
    I just uploaded a vid of the axle spinning... does it look bent to anyone??? hard to tell with vibration of car and camera...

http://youtu.be/jXSqM--d7CU
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

You should check and see if the rear tie rod popped off the ball joint. I had the same problem you had, and it looks like the tie rod popped off.

EDIT: Never mind, I just watched the video, it looks like you could have bent, or damaged a bearing. If that's not it, check and see if you bent the driveshaft. Or, maybe in a extreme case, you could have damaged the wheel hex. Try swapping parts off of a un-damaged axle, and find out what parts you can swap out could make the problem stop. Good luck, Hope this helps!
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Try swapping parts off of a un-damaged axle, and find out what parts you can swap out could make the problem stop. Good luck, Hope this helps!
    I dont know why I didnt think of this, but that sounds like a darn good spot to start... swapping bits out one by one.

Cheers for that!
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

I did this recently to my eSlayer...it turns out I deformed the rim around the axle...I managed to straighten out as best I could but I think the rim is now weak and the wobble easily comes back after a stack.
    Rock n Rolla !