RC poster

Question Cold Weather Running

Hi Everyone,

I am a little new to the Nitro world and was wondering if I should be using a certain glow plug to run in cold weather? I am using 20% nitro fuel with my TRX 3.3 and would like to know if I should adjust the carb., change the glow plug, or both? If you need any more info I'll be glad to let you know. Almost forgot, running at sea level.

Thanks

Hot Fuzz

Glow plugs explained: http://www.osengines.com/accys/choosing-glowplugs.html

The carb will need to be adjusted to account for the more oxygen-filled cooler air but don't lean it out to get the temps up as you could make it too lean. Put tin foil or a baby sock over the head to retain heat.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I appreciate the response.

So if I stay on the cooler side of engine temps, do I risk anything other than performance/fouling plugs? The reason I ask this, is because when I go to full throttle the engine slightly boggs before picking up so should I just lean it out some?

RC Competitor
    no sir...too lean now. need to richen HSN 1/16th at a time.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC poster
    So the cold weather is making it lean because of the dense/cooler air? More fuel for denser/cooler air. Got it.

Thanks!!