RC Racer

castle in my 4tec

What would be the best castle motor to put into my 4tec i just bought one off ebay for 20 bucks and i had to give it a new rx/tx and servo but now i am at the motor issue i have the 2200kv in my 4x4 slash but i never dealt with a 1/10 scale castle motor so i need a bit of help

RC Champion
    Castle is a good set up for a 4 tec but I like the vxl system in it better because you get no delay between forward and reverse like a castle system. I have the vxl in mine now but I had a sidewinder with a 5700 kv and it worker pretty good.

RC Racer
    ok so you suggest the 5700kv then ok great i was thinking of setting mine up with rally setup for hard surfaces then in dirt what would you suggest as far as tires and suspension

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Take a look at this thread if you really want to rally with your 4tec.

http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/misc/...ly-conversion/

Also see the stickie above about doing the 3.3 diff swap. It's really a must do if you upgrade to brushless and lipo power. The stock diffs with get eaten up with the extra power. I have 5700 castle in my 4tec, and I have almost all the parts I need to do the diff swap and also replace all belts, pulleys and bearings on the car.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10