RC poster

17mm hub and MIP axles

Hi guys,
    I generally run on sand dunes, but occasionally run on the street. I have been shredding stock axles since I upgraded to 3s on the VXL system, with 19t pinion and 86t spur. Dont get me wrong, I beat the crap out of my slash so I dont blame the parts for breaking, its more of my driving. I upgraded to MIP axles.

Here is my dilemma: I hate 12mm hex tires and despise 12mm hubs. I have also upgraded to 17mm hubs on all my 1/10 rc trucks. The MIP axles do not support a 17mm hub due to the fact that the hub uses a single bolt to lock onto the axle instead of the normal pin that run through the axle.

Additionally, 17mm hub buggy tires seem to be a lot cheaper than the 12mm. I just got a set of four 1/8 buggy paddles for $18 off amazon and four 1/8 street tires for another $18. My 12mm Proline paddles cost $32 for two.

I bought the HR 17mm hubs. I am looking for a 17mm hub that uses a boss/bolt to lock onto the axle.

I am hoping someone out there can advise me on how to attach some 17mm hubs to the MIP axles. Right now all I can find is MXfans 12mm-17mm extension hubs. These appear to have a 12mm inside and a 17mm outer for the wheels.

Has anyone used these and do the hold up?

Does anyone have any better ideas or know of a manufacturer that has what I am looking for?

I would be happy to weld the aluminum to the steel but I have been having a hard time figuring out how to do this, lol.

Thanks guys.

I use hot racing 12mm-17mm adapters, work just fine. Or you can use the mip 17mm adapters.

116mph reaper rustler
    Mamba Monster slash 4x4
    MMX/Tekin 2000kv Summit

17mm hub and MIP axles

Odd I run both 17mm adaptors on my MIPs and the hexes are keyed and the HR barrel nuts screw with loctite you can also get 17mm axle covers rather than nuts, they will hold the barrel nut inside the wheel when they got loose
    Pictures show both 6mm and 10mm and if you look at the buggy wheel on two slash you can see covers installed

Hang up and Drive
    Last edited by MikeMcE; 10-26-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

17mm hub and MIP axles

Single grub screw loctites onto hex
    Adaptor slides over, barrel screw screwed onto wall inside of 17mm hum. Install tire and nut of choice

[.IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/39a48e5a55282cd6b3b6d738e7c0545a.jpg[/IMG]

Covered buggy wheels

Hang up and Drive
    Last edited by MikeMcE; 10-26-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I have done MIP with traxxas hexes.

Here is a video of the 2wd doing 85 mph with those hexes on
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltdoggie View Post

IG: @original.ofcrplz
    Slash 4x4 133MPH

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the 17mm adapters on my MIP XDuty.... same as mikemce and generalpede01

What is the issue here?
    TRUMP 16!

RC poster
    The problem is... I need what MikeMcE has, but I cannot find them. Where did you get those? LHS doesnt seem to carry anything but redcat and its 45 mins away. Internet is my only option. Thank for the responses guys.

HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

RC poster
    Got them in the mail today. Thanks, MikeMcE