Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that make sense to me now lol. with pro trac arm and revo 17mm it will put you back to stock width. are you using the XO-1 stub axles too?
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    I have 4 front axle stubs on the way and the cv boots to go along with.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    I have 4 front axle stubs on the way and the cv boots to go along with.
    what i'm worried about the revo 17mm is, it will wobble within a few runs. i was trying to find a way to make an insert but i never got around with it.

RC Qualifier
    Well if the xo1 hubs are too wide then I guess I will have to figure out how to make the revo ones work.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well if the xo1 hubs are too wide then I guess I will have to figure out how to make the revo ones work.
    i'm working on that too...i need to make an insert to give it a snug fit.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm working on that too...i need to make an insert to give it a snug fit.
    Are you talking about the 17mm adapter on the stub axle? If so, I've heard of people using plumbers tape and it holds up for a good while. They wrap the axle with the tape, just enough for the adapter to fit snug. I've never tried but I'm going to. My ERBE needs some attention. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Are you talking about the 17mm adapter on the stub axle? If so, I've heard of people using plumbers tape and it holds up for a good while. They wrap the axle with the tape, just enough for the adapter to fit snug. I've never tried but I'm going to. My ERBE needs some attention. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    yeah, i've been wrapping the end part where the tread is so that it wont eat the aluminum. some use a brass tubing (happens to be with the right tread) from home depot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Wow....Wow wow .... I could swear that I took a set of revo hubs and bolted them up to my xo1 stubs last year as a test fit at my lhs! Am I wrong here? The standard revo 17mm hub doesn't just slide right on, pin screws right in, direct fit..... oh man...I've even given advise on the matter stating that revo green hubs will bolt right up to xo1 ......im wrong????
    Sorry for not getting on board with the hubs and pix yet. Im moving into the building next door this weekend... been packing and stuff.now I own the corner I bash in both directions lol MY CORNER! Lol I got the 3 tenant building 3 years back, the one behind me last year, and now I close on the one next door in the am tomorrow lol. I live on the 3rd floor and do not rent out 1st or second (second floor is my 3 bedroom rc shop and losi drift apartment seen in some of my vids) this is my protection in a down town gun crazy city. Sorry bout the off subject matter.
    Now i'll have a huge basement rc shop, occupy the first, keeping 2nd empty for quiet upstairs!!!! And renting out the other 6 units in the other 2 buildings .... 3rd floor in my new building is occupied by an older gal so she is fine there lol. Ill get pix up this week while unpacking the shop. I believe that xo1 hubs are going to be the same as 4wd slash from traxxas. The sl2sh front set is about 3-4mm longer so, that's another option for those that have 2 sets of 2wd slash hubs. Remember, over all length doesn't matter here as much as axle pin center to outer 17mm edge, that's where we find our offset or should we say "set back" lol. That point in mind .....the Tekno hubs really set the wheel back in there huh!
    Here's my corner
    Here's a comparison of the xo1 axle, rally stock, and Tekno axles together

A xo1 hub with a sl2sh front.... note the pin placement and style

Lol and I'll slip one more of these corner pix in here lol
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is the front sl2sh 17mm held by a retainer too? and with tekno, is their a way it can be cover (joint part/carrier side) to keep the debris/dust off? or your not experiencing any problem at all?

nice corner pic by the way lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    here the differences with revo and xo-1 stub, as you can see the xo has a smaller end than the revo. if i can make a retainer that fit with the revo stub then a xo 17mm can be use on ERBE, EMBE or SUMMIT.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-17-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Yes, the traxxas 2wd and 4wd hubs replace the hex by clipping into the pin as the hex did, then screwing the retainer on the treaded ens of your axle, just as the xo1 retainer.
    I see your point about the thread size of the revo stub. So is the retainer on the revo bigger around also. Or can you use the. Xo1 axle, revo hex, revo pin threw the axle then a xo1 retainer? I beloved the pin and axle diameter are a match.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the retainer stays the same size. if the xo-1 retainer did'nt have a neck then, i could have just retread it otherwise if i do so, the retainer would be super thin, it will probably twist when tightened.

RC Champion
    Can you buy the retainers separate? I have the Pro-Line adapters (4x4 offsets) and the nut retainer is kinda stupid to me. Not to mention you need a 5.5mm nut driver to put it on? What gives...
    Everything overpowered...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes you can buy the retainer by itself but, i dont know if it works with proline adapters, i dont have experienced with PL adapters yet lol. yeah its kinda of surprising with 5.5mm tool for such a small retainer lol, i dont even know if its included with the XO-1 RTR.

the retainer stays the same size. if the xo-1 retainer did'nt have a neck then, i could have just retread it otherwise if i do so, the retainer would be super thin, it will probably twist when tightened.
    Can you show a revo/xo1 SxS? So the bottle neck shape on the xo1 retainer is same as sl4sh, also swappable. Your saying the revo retainer is one thickness, without the step down in thickness behind the hex wrench

Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Can you buy the retainers separate? I have the Pro-Line adapters (4x4 offsets) and the nut retainer is kinda stupid to me. Not to mention you need a 5.5mm nut driver to put it on? What gives...
    I hope I didn't cost you any money! Sorry for the bad advise on fitment but I thought I had put this set together with my own hands last year. I wont offer advise as a solid otherwise. I would definitely say that I feel or think, but I didn't mean to mislead.

RC Champion
    no dread, your info was greatly appreciated. I already had the PL adapters in my parts box.

But they use a nut to retain the hub, instead of like a screw cap like the others. And they do not include a tool to secure the nut with. It requires a 5.5mm driver, which I dont have, and is none of the traxxas sizes on the 4 way wrench. You need like a HotBodies glow plug wrench or a dedicated driver.

pic to show (sorry I dont have an change laying around either lol, thats a TRX 12mm hex in the pic tho):

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 03-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Can you show a revo/xo1 SxS? So the bottle neck shape on the xo1 retainer is same as sl4sh, also swappable. Your saying the revo retainer is one thickness, without the step down in thickness behind the hex wrench
    i have a SXS pic standing only and also fitted in the stub
    revo 17mm

XO-1

both out

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    to thedreadedend, i think you mention this to me before but, what aluminum arm was it that was exactly the same length as the pro trac?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i found a set of PL pro trac on ebay for $10.37 (pair) thought thats very cheap, there are two left so i bought them all .

RC Champion
    I took my traxxas 4 way wrench and just dremmeled the 5.5mm socket to fit inside the adapter.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    I would rather not do that, nor do I have the means to take material away from the socket.

Traxxas 4-way doesnt work on the nut either...maybe you're thinking a different set of adapters than I was talking about?

RC Champion
    If you are talking Proline adapter's, the wrench fit's the nut's that came with my adapter's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

to thedreadedend, i think you mention this to me before but, what aluminum arm was it that was exactly the same length as the pro trac?
    TeamRCE magnesium arms are made with stock dimensions and protrac dimensions.
    Each arm has a universal fit to it so it can go on left or right.

Also, they have a ton of mounting holes for shock angles/ride hight.

I love these arms! I'm the guy that'll bend every piece of metal on a truck, and do insist on keeping some parts alloy. Arms for example, have no REAL place on a basher other than for looks! On a basher it'll only look good for a day lol then you have boomerangs. These are by far, the toughest alloy arms I've used. I always go protrac/rpm arms but Jason, at TRCE, put these redesign arms out with massive cross bracing. Its 2 times thicker than the last set. Still using the original nickel plated magnesium for material. They do all inhouse machining also. I've got a thread somewheres around here with pix of a RCE shop tour you may find interesting too.

Here's my TRCE sl4sh getting a bash while putting those arms to the test. Arms we're still straight after a few weeks of this bashing and 2 race nights each week with very unforgiving jumps/hits.

Lol that also the same set up I use for my rally! Just swapped body mounts, bumpers, and body.
    Now brace yourself buddy, these arms go for $40 a pair.......... ya, I buy them, yes they will eventually bend! Sooner on a basher but I doubt I'll ever need to replace one on my rally or race sl4sh unless I slam something really hard. I've come off the ramp above just as far/high, landing sideways on the street/sidewalk, expecting a bent arm FOR CERTAIN, no bends....... very impressed with this products and will continue to use them.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-21-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I run the TRCE arms and shock towers on my Slash 4x4 and they've done a really good job. I havent bent one yet, but i'm not near as rough as dread. So if they last a while through him, then they are made really good. LOL

Shock Towers:

A-arms:

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I took my traxxas 4 way wrench and just dremmeled the 5.5mm socket to fit inside the adapter.
    i was talking about the PL protrac arms, the part where the pin holds it thru the bulkheads...i crashed it and landed on the right side wheels causing the arms to wobble, the arm holes were pin goes are shape oval.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    TeamRCE magnesium arms are made with stock dimensions and protrac dimensions.
    Each arm has a universal fit to it so it can go on left or right.
    I love these arms! I'm the guy that'll bend every piece of metal on a truck, and do insist on keeping some parts alloy. Arms for example, have no REAL place on a basher other than for looks! On a basher it'll only look good for a day lol then you have boomerangs. These are by far, the toughest alloy arms I've used. I always go protrac/rpm arms but Jason, at TRCE, put these redesign arms out with massive cross bracing. Its 2 times thicker than the last set. Still using the original nickel plated magnesium for material. They do all inhouse machining also. I've got a thread somewheres around here with pix of a RCE shop tour you may find interesting too.
    Now brace yourself buddy, these arms go for $40 a pair.......... ya, I buy them, yes they will eventually bend! Sooner on a basher but I doubt I'll ever need to replace one on my rally or race sl4sh unless I slam something really hard. I've come off the ramp above just as far/high, landing sideways on the street/sidewalk, expecting a bent arm FOR CERTAIN, no bends....... very impressed with this products and will continue to use them.
    thanks thedreadedend, that thing sure is massively beefy and i can understand why they cost that much and watching you putting that to the test is good enough for me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I run the TRCE arms and shock towers on my Slash 4x4 and they've done a really good job. I havent bent one yet, but i'm not near as rough as dread. So if they last a while through him, then they are made really good. LOL
    A-arms:
    LOL, i've seen yours quite often and did'nt even think you have what dread have.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    anyone ever mess around with the Brake% from your RX/TX? i was messing around with it last night for a very long time to get it back to 100% but the darn thing wont store it, so i cant stop the car quick enough like its only at 50% brake, what gives?

Did you change the drag brake too? That'll change the overall braking.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you change the drag brake too? That'll change the overall braking.
    is that from the ESC setting or from the RX/TX too?

is that from the ESC setting or from the RX/TX too?
    Its in the esc, whoops. Your messing with the rx/tx. Does it have a factory reset or default reset?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its in the esc, whoops. Your messing with the rx/tx. Does it have a factory reset or default reset?
    yeah i did the factory reset this morning and its back to normal now lol, i just dont understand why it did'nt store it in the memory. and since i reset it my other car have to be rebind too which no big deal

This fits a " extended arm with room to go onProtrac spec TRCE arms. I get the extra length in the xo1 axle . Here you can see how much more it sticks out.
    Don't forget, the xo1 axles will stick you with 17mm only but the new trx axles from the cvd's will get it back to 12mm and should be as long but not sure. After all is considered... either Tekno for protrac bones and new sl4sh axles give you almost " extra or the bones you have and tekno axles and hubs for an additional ". Either one lets you go with 12mm and 17mm.
    I read a post of yours in your xo1 build, talking about the new era arms, protrac Tekno shafts, and xo1 axles...... ya, I agree it'll get it done, as far as I can figure without the arms in front of me. The new bones will get you about 5mm more length.
    yeah i did the factory reset this morning and its back to normal now lol, i just dont understand why it did'nt store it in the memory. and since i reset it my other car have to be rebind too which no big deal
    Glad its worked out, could be a glitch in the app. Maybe, if your as curious as I, you could repeat the process, see if its a glitch be for adding all your other rx's back in there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I read a post of yours in your xo1 build, talking about the new era arms, protrac Tekno shafts, and xo1 axles...... ya, I agree it'll get it done, as far as I can figure without the arms in front of me. The new bones will get you about 5mm more length.
    i really like the magnesuim arms you have but since i have my RC Solutions arms already, i'm going to put this on for now

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i won another xo-1 shock towers to replace the plastic ones. i like the aluminum towers better for no flex and plus i already have my homemade chassis brace to go with it.

RC Qualifier
    i won another xo-1 shock towers to replace the plastic ones. i like the aluminum towers better for no flex and plus i already have my homemade chassis brace to go with it.
    Hmm that is going to change your shock positioning a lot. The rear XO-1 tower is the same thing as a front slash 4x4 tower. And the front XO-1 tower is even shorter then that.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

I am a die hard alloy tower fan! I agree with you on the rigidity factor being a positive. I used to always run alloy towers, take the time to really Terri my suspension, and the ride was amazing. That upgrade will bring the quality of your shocks out for the best. I get real rough on my trucks to often, always had back up towers and a bent set on the side.... at one point I just said "to heck with it". Settle for a lil less performance and a bit more reliability or simply, cheaper week at the counter pf the lhs! On a rally, i'll run um. This truck seems to be the least costly of all I've run and its all due to the style and terrain its suited for. I do alot of skipping around, very rarely send it up a ramp so, things are lasting.

Nice...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hmm that is going to change your shock positioning a lot. The rear XO-1 tower is the same thing as a front slash 4x4 tower. And the front XO-1 tower is even shorter then that.
    thats what i have on the first time i recieved my roller, swap the stock towers with the xo-1 and my revo suspension with extra piston (2 each on every corner) inside the shock shaft.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    this pic here is to show you that a stock arm lenght tekno dogbone and xo-1 stub with RC solutions extended arms barely contact the ball end with the drive cup, now with a tekno pro trac lenght dogbone will fix these problem and with XO-1 17mm adpters that will widened you even more. i'm not going to use the XO-1 17mm adapters cause it will pass over the wheel well instead i'm going to use my revo 17mm.

i just remember, i took out the extra piston spacer inside the shocks so i have the front lowered like this,

rear

side shot

another rear shot,

with the body on,

LOL,thats just some random pic i took while i was at work delivering mail.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-26-2013 at 09:41 PM.