Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I was just checking out my set up for long arms.... 3.25" on a standard Tekno connected to xo1 gives me these longer arms

Yours are gonna be " longer than my mod ..... I think you went to far. But from what I can figure, either my shafts set up (can't even be used on a standard slash because the jam the diff at half way compressed shock) or Tekno axles, and your shafts may just cut it. Here's my mod with the arm level, steering turned full for max amount out of the cup

There its jamming the diff.... if yours is to long, this may be the way to go.
    i just recieved those cvd's (picture above) and yep they are way too long now that i mated it with the XO-1 stub axles, its hitting the diff output shaft. so now i'm going with your route, time to hunt for tekno cvd's lol.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow i cant believe the rally chassis and tall battery holder showed up today, i was'nt expecting it until friday cool.....

installed with 4s lipo in.

here is my cvd (losi ten-t) that i was hoping it would be the right fit, turns out to be to long that its hitting the diff output shaft

i need the tekno cvd for the right length.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i'm very excited today cause my tekno M6 CVD and XO-1 knuckles came in the mail but, i set it aside.....my boys wanted to go to disney land. now, that i'm home, i quickly start taking things apart......and this is what i got.

stub axles (top tekno | bottom XO-1)

rear driveshaft (top tekno, bottom XO-1)

front (top XO-1, bottom tekno)

i'm using the XO-1 stubs to give me extra length to make-up with the longer arms but the result is not what i expected to be.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    anyone have the stock arm in comparison with the protrac arm. a picture side by side would be nice, i greatly appreciate it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The protrac arms add a total of 8mm. I don't have the 2 too compare but its 4mm per side, out from stock. Are those the tekno m6 protrac bones? They have the bit extra but I don't know it it would be enough .......... what about the Tekno shafts that reaper uses on a protrac pedes? I'll give his mod a look, see if its do-able
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i went and order the pro trac arms 6082-01 F/R, XO-1 dust boots, and XO-1 17mm hexes. if all this still dont work, watch out, this might end up in the MP lol.

RC Racer
    What is the setup you have in the mocked up picture? I am using hot racing 17mm adapters, which are the same offset as the traxxas 17mm adapters. If I use the RC solutions arms with stock hubs and the 17mm adapters and the same on road buggy tires as you, will they fit with the PF8 GT body like it does in your picture? Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    What is the setup you have in the mocked up picture? I am using hot racing 17mm adapters, which are the same offset as the traxxas 17mm adapters. If I use the RC solutions arms with stock hubs and the 17mm adapters and the same on road buggy tires as you, will they fit with the PF8 GT body like it does in your picture? Thanks.
    if you use the RC Solutions arms and the slash/rally 17mm adapters it will pass over the wheel wells. you need the pro trac arms to get the right width.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i went back to mod.8 gearing, geared it 20t/52t and heres a little short run.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eYhNLx4HM

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Awesome run. That sucker is flying. I changed my gearing a couple weeks ago but have yet to run it. Nothing but sour weather and sick family.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks DPede, i went back to mod1 again....i change it last night....run it this morning and its much faster. we're just getting over with our sickness...it goes on and off since before christmas lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.