RC Enthusiast

Question Is there a heavy duty Rally rear spoiler available?

I have the new 4 pole Rally with the 3351r v/3500 motor, I run a 3s 25c daily and its wicked fast, geared at 16/50 (60mph top speed gearing for bashing mostly) it stays at 150 f or cooler even on the hottest days, its a torque monster and tends to blast past the wheelie bars easily, problem is it ALWAYS ends up on the rear spoiler and its almost destroyed, went as far as to attach a Rustler spoiler under the rear to stiffen it up, which did help. but its still nearly ruined SO Im looking for an aftermarket or perhaps 2 stock spoilers stitched together, anyhow can anyone tell me a part number for a better spoiler? Or is there another solution here? Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JKetchum View Post
    I have the new 4 pole Rally with the 3351r v/3500 motor, I run a 3s 25c daily and its wicked fast, geared at 16/50 (60mph top speed gearing for bashing mostly) it stays at 150 f or cooler even on the hottest days, its a torque monster and tends to blast past the wheelie bars easily, problem is it ALWAYS ends up on the rear spoiler and its almost destroyed, went as far as to attach a Rustler spoiler under the rear to stiffen it up, which did help. but its still nearly ruined SO Im looking for an aftermarket or perhaps 2 stock spoilers stitched together, anyhow can anyone tell me a part number for a better spoiler? Or is there another solution here? Thanks guys!
    You can adjust the slipper to help keep the front end down.
    Wheelies can be a pain, I have a 2wd I'm fighting the same issue with, I got a hardened steal slipper near 300 on more then one occasion.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    You can also gear up a little bit to keep the front end down, but watch your temps doing so.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Enthusiast
    I was running 18/19 tooth pinions and 50/52 spurs but in the past few days I went to a 16p/54s and its still crazy fast.. what is up with these things, is the gearing in the differentials DIFFERENT than a Slash 4x4?

Running a 3s in a motor as high strung a 3500kv will have that effect.
    Sounds like you have the new 4 pole unit but watch your temps anyway, those motor swork hard on that many volts.
    IMO 3s with the velineon should be a once in a while thing if at all.
    Thats just my .02 cents.

RC Enthusiast
    Well in order to stop breaking parts I have had to start running at part throttle alot, which is ok, but still on 16/54 gears Im clocking almost 60 mph across a parkinglot due to my taller Proline Streetfighter tires (4.3inch).. I am going to buy a LARGE high capacity 2s and run that most of the time I think, the 3s is a blast, but the 3500 4 pole 3351r is crazy wild on that much power, almost too much to handle most of the time.. but the insane 0-60 sprints are addicting, it hooks and goes SO hard on gravel with my springs/shocks setup and tires its terribly addictive

but the insane 0-60 sprints are addicting
    I cant deny this for sure.
    When I first started rc again I thought speed runs were silly, now I'm a full on rc speed freak.
    I haven't hit 100mph yet but haven't in all honesty tried all that hard.
    I've hit 82mph with a 2wd and am certain the scalpel has past that but I haven't gps't it yet, no sense blowing smoke till I can stand behind it.

RC Enthusiast
    nice! Yep super addictive to GPS speed runs.. I have clocked this rally at 63mph in the past, today I ran it down my test road with my basher gearset (16/54) and she turned 57.4, not bad at all for a daily setup lol, Guess I wasnt far off when I said 0-60 sprint hehe

RC Enthusiast
    I just decided to remove my rear spoiler and let it slide, it wore both rear pin posts clean off and I had to screw it on anyhow lol

RC Competitor
    great vid, cant wait to pick up my rally. ever thought of putting the motor heat sink on there to help with high temps?