Thread: Proline Stuff

RC Competitor

Proline Stuff

Just signed up on here tonight. Heard there are alot of people with issues with Proline Stuff. Just curious what the issues are?

RC Racer
    Personally think proline is great...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    I agree. Been using some of there stuff for a years and have no issues. Like the Bead Locks Not all that crazy about the steering kit they got. Needs a stronger spring or something. I just glued mine lol

RC Racer
    Do you mean Integy?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

Pro line just sent me,five trans cases,ans three sealed diff set's.They should last a week or two.
    the only thing pro line, that hasn't failed prematurely on me,Is my control arm extenders on one of my trucks.
    There trans has a plastic idler gear,had to change it with a traxxas machined aluminum one before it saw the track.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Glued mine,then thru it out a week later when it broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrocutioneer View Post
    I agree. Been using some of there stuff for a years and have no issues. Like the Bead Locks Not all that crazy about the steering kit they got. Needs a stronger spring or something. I just glued mine lol

RC Competitor
    I have heard guys complain about Integy. There stuff looks nice and has the BLING factor going for it. Some of their stuff seems to be OK and is low cost.

I just heard there was some Proline Haters on here and I was curious what their complaints were? Like their stuff. I am thinking of getting a Proline Trans in the future. Like that you can remove it to rebuild it with out having to tear the whole back of the truck apart like the stock trans. Done that engough I could prolly do it in my sleep lol
    Traxxas Slash all others are just Toys lol

Get the new rpm traxxas tras case,it offers the same option,or i have a couple pro line trans for sale,no one on my race crew will use them any more.
    I have heard guys complain about Integy. There stuff looks nice and has the BLING factor going for it. Some of their stuff seems to be OK and is low cost.

I just heard there was some Proline Haters on here and I was curious what their complaints were? Like their stuff. I am thinking of getting a Proline Trans in the future. Like that you can remove it to rebuild it with out having to tear the whole back of the truck apart like the stock trans. Done that engough I could prolly do it in my sleep lol

RC Qualifier
    Here's my issues with ProLine.

--Poor QC. I had two full sets of ProTrac arms and two pairs of bearing carriers break due to air voids in the molds.
    --Poor CS. The aforementioned arms and carriers were replaced by ProLine free of charge... after 3 weeks.
    --Poor materials choice. "Racing to bring you the best." My foot. I have broken virtually every ProLine part I've bought in the last 2 years. A-arms breaking, ProTrac carriers (laugh!) shattering, rims cracking/chunking, tires cracking/splitting/tearing long before the tread is worn out, bodies lasting 12-15 runs before being completely ruined.

To elaborate on that point:
    1. ProLine Bellcrank. Lasted less than a month, before both sides of the plastic parts developed cracks. Also, the spring is so weak it can't manage a servo with even 125oz of torque.
    2. ProTrac carriers. Will break if you look at them sideways. Adjustability at the price of durability. Fail.
    3. ProTrac front A-arms. The fronts are weaker than stock. Considerably. I've broken 5 sets.
    4. ProTrac front shock tower. Imagine the rear carriers shaped into a shock tower. There you go. I watched one break with less than 2 minutes of use.
    5. ProLine camber links. Garbage, garbage, garbage. I broke all 6 from my ProTrac kit, a buddy broke 4, another broke 3. That's 13 out of 18 links. Boooo.
    6. ProLine bodies. Silverado 1500 for Slash, lasted less than one month. Chevy 2500HD for Stampede, lasted less than 15 packs before all four body posts were punched all the way through the body (both bodies were shoo-goo'd, taped, and gorilla taped.) Their lexan blend is far weaker/more brittle than any other maker.
    7. ProLine tires. I have a set of 2.8 Trenchers cracking after less than one year. I have a set of SCT Trenchers tearing all along the bead, on all four tires.
    8. ProLine 17mm adapters for Slash. I kept bending/breaking axles. Replaced ProLine adapters with AKA, have not bent/broken a single axle since. ProLine machines the adapters down really small where they meet the axle pin. Just enough to allow the axle to deflect, bending or breaking it. Poor design in the effort to remove a few grams of weight.

I will not buy another ProLine part. Which is a shame, because on paper, they have some great stuff-- I'd like a set of their adjustable body mounts, but it's simply not going to happen. I've broken probably $400 worth of ProLine parts in two and a half years. If I had saved all of the parts, I could fill a few shoeboxes. They don't deserve my money, and they're not going to get it.

You tell em Doc took over a month and several strongly worded emails to get the trans cases,and i didn't ask for the diffs they sent,guess they were thinking ahead, PRO LINE! BAD!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    Here's my issues with ProLine.

--Poor QC. I had two full sets of ProTrac arms and two pairs of bearing carriers break due to air voids in the molds.
    --Poor CS. The aforementioned arms and carriers were replaced by ProLine free of charge... after 3 weeks.
    --Poor materials choice. "Racing to bring you the best." My foot. I have broken virtually every ProLine part I've bought in the last 2 years. A-arms breaking, ProTrac carriers (laugh!) shattering, rims cracking/chunking, tires cracking/splitting/tearing long before the tread is worn out, bodies lasting 12-15 runs before being completely ruined.

To elaborate on that point:
    1. ProLine Bellcrank. Lasted less than a month, before both sides of the plastic parts developed cracks. Also, the spring is so weak it can't manage a servo with even 125oz of torque.
    2. ProTrac carriers. Will break if you look at them sideways. Adjustability at the price of durability. Fail.
    3. ProTrac front A-arms. The fronts are weaker than stock. Considerably. I've broken 5 sets.
    4. ProTrac front shock tower. Imagine the rear carriers shaped into a shock tower. There you go. I watched one break with less than 2 minutes of use.
    5. ProLine camber links. Garbage, garbage, garbage. I broke all 6 from my ProTrac kit, a buddy broke 4, another broke 3. That's 13 out of 18 links. Boooo.
    6. ProLine bodies. Silverado 1500 for Slash, lasted less than one month. Chevy 2500HD for Stampede, lasted less than 15 packs before all four body posts were punched all the way through the body (both bodies were shoo-goo'd, taped, and gorilla taped.) Their lexan blend is far weaker/more brittle than any other maker.
    7. ProLine tires. I have a set of 2.8 Trenchers cracking after less than one year. I have a set of SCT Trenchers tearing all along the bead, on all four tires.
    8. ProLine 17mm adapters for Slash. I kept bending/breaking axles. Replaced ProLine adapters with AKA, have not bent/broken a single axle since. ProLine machines the adapters down really small where they meet the axle pin. Just enough to allow the axle to deflect, bending or breaking it. Poor design in the effort to remove a few grams of weight.

I will not buy another ProLine part. Which is a shame, because on paper, they have some great stuff-- I'd like a set of their adjustable body mounts, but it's simply not going to happen. I've broken probably $400 worth of ProLine parts in two and a half years. If I had saved all of the parts, I could fill a few shoeboxes. They don't deserve my money, and they're not going to get it.

RC Qualifier
    I go to prolong for tires and maybe wheels. Nothing else. Their bodies seem to be brittle. Some have great luck with them, others don't. I prefer jconcepts for bodies.

Only thing integy makes that's any old are their crawler motors.

RC Qualifier
    Funny part is, in my experience, ProLine has gone the same route as Integy. Six or seven years ago, Integy actually made nice stuff-- I still have a set of their caster blocks, sets of 17mm and 23mm hex adapters, and a set of their hex wrenches from the ~2006. All still working flawlessly. But the stuff they make now... not so much. Also a shame.

RC Competitor
    I have to ask DrIsotope. What do you do with your trucks? Are you a Basher or Racer?

I have protrac arms on one of my trucks. Never broke or damaged one in a full season of racing. I have not used any of their carriers so I cant say good or bad on them.

I have had great results with the Beadlock Rims and tires. Only stripped one hex drive on a rim and that was my fault for not tightening the wheel nut properly. TIres are GREAT although I would like to see a Blockade Tire with a more open thread pattern.

Compared to many other aftermarket manufacturers it looks like Proline has better tooling ( MOLDS ) to produce their parts. Although I will agree that I have spent some time with a dremel and file to make shocks and steering blocks fit properly. Not sure if its a QC issue or if they did not build in enough clearence into their design. BTW I have had to spend time with other Manufacturers Parts fit right to. Spent a hour or two with some RPM Arms too. lol

I use the Chev Silverado Body on all my trucks and have no issues with them

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadballard View Post
    Personally think proline is great...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    proline is very great, aka and jconcepts didnt win as many readers choice awards as proline did

info from rcca
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Competitor
    Does the new RPM Trans Case come with a sealed diff? Looks like a copy of the stock case with the exception of the Alum Motor Plate. Which might help drop motor temp slightly and maybe stiffer and not flex under load. Do think they dropped the ball with the bolt on multi piece A Arm Mounts. I am looking forward to getting one and trying it out in my Stocker this season

RC Competitor
    Integy has the China Syndrome. There are many times when stuff is made in china it is good for the first year or 2. But then they start to cut corners with materials and process. Cheap Tooling starts to wear out. Result....Bad Parts

RC Competitor
    Has anyone run a Proline Trans? I am thinking of buying one this Spring

RC Qualifier
    I have to ask DrIsotope. What do you do with your trucks? Are you a Basher or Racer?
    Neither. I don't pay to go to a track more than 2-3 times a year, but I spend my days driving HERE. And I mean days. With some of my builds, I will run 6-8 packs in a single day. I put 30 miles on one truck in a week. If a part can stand up to my track, it passes. If it can't it doesn't. ProLine fails across the board. Saying a part is made for "racing" is no excuse to make fragile crap.

Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    proline is very great, aka and jconcepts didnt win as many readers choice awards as proline did

info from rcca
    That and a quarter will get you a phone call. Info from RCCA might as well be copied from the ProLine press release. I think I agree with the "reader's choice" winner in R/C magazines about 5% of the time.

Integy has the China Syndrome. There are many times when stuff is made in china it is good for the first year or 2. But then they start to cut corners with materials and process. Cheap Tooling starts to wear out. Result....Bad Parts
    True, but does nothing to explain the decline of ProLine. They mold many of their parts in-house, about 30 miles from where I'm sitting. And they're still messy with imperfections, and brittle as candy glass-- sometimes. With 100% clarity, I can say that some ProLine parts lasted quite a while-- some rear a-arms and shock towers, for instance. But one would break, I'd replace it, and the replacement would break within hours or days. If they can get their stuff together, I'll think about their parts. Until then, it's not worth the hassle.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=Dr. Isotope;5363278]Neither. I don't pay to go to a track more than 2-3 times a year, but I spend my days driving HERE. And I mean days. With some of my builds, I will run 6-8 packs in a single day. I put 30 miles on one truck in a week. If a part can stand up to my track, it passes. If it can't it doesn't. ProLine fails across the board. Saying a part is made for "racing" is no excuse to make fragile crap.

Sounds like you put stuff through its paces. We race every weekend on a couple of tracks. Our tracks have scale jumps so not much major air and hard landings. We do run the chit out of the tracks and all in all no real problems with Proline parts.

I think all companies suffer from time to time with QC with their products.

If you dont run any Proline Stuff what do you use and recommend?