Thread: Drag racing

RC poster

Drag racing

Has anyone ever tried drag racing the funny car. If so I would like to know what upgrades would be best to make the car more competitive.

RC Qualifier
    after trying to drag race mine a few times I have come to the conclusion that drag racing is what the funny car is built for and is not designed to do much else.
    as far as being more competitive ,,, are you competing with just your friends or are you attending some funny car competitions..
    if you are lucky enough to have enough people in your area that there are competitions available you might want to check in to that groups rules and regulations to see what mods and upgrades are allowed...
    if you are having run what you brung competitions because you are one of the elite few people in your area that have a funny car that could be quite a different animal ,,,,if there are only a few of you ,,, your small group will or might want to set your rules to allow the inclusion of everybody available because it is hard to compete if there is nobody to compete against,,,
    First I would take advantage of the upgrades that traxxas has available for the funny car..
    then there are some mods that you will want to research,, like diff locking and weighting the front end or different tires for better grip or terrain ,,all of which ,,will be specific to your driving style and surface that you are drag racing on ....I believe that the term ,more competitive, is more determined by being able to tune your FC to the track or surface that you are running on and your experience level and driving style..
    I think that a few more specific questions about upgrades and mods would help.
    my opinion comes from the point of view that I am the only person in my town that is luck enough to have and drag race a funny car ....here is a picture of my current setup.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by MONKEYPIARATE; 01-01-2016 at 09:57 AM.

RC poster
    When u say mods i might want to research what are some of these

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by keaton4146 View Post
    When u say mods i might want to research what are some of these
    one of the mods I am thinking about for my funny car is to see if there are metal gears for the servo ,,,there are rear foam tires that some people get to help with traction but I think that most mods are going to be specific to your needs or wants ...
    right now I am running traxxas bandit anacondas on the front but to do that you will need to mod the bandit rims ... also I modded my battery box to hold a 3s 8400 battery and put an after market wheelie bar with quick release to change bodies in seconds ...the mods are going to have to go along with any rules if you are entering competitions .....I am looking in to locking my diff but want to wait till this one goes out ..there are not many upgrade parts available ...so that is where the research comes in if you want to improve performance or durability and in my case just customizing my ride.