RC Racer

1956 F100 step side

I went into the basement and found an old rc, It literately fell apart in my hand, I grabbed the roll cage and it broke right off, the the tire broke off lol don't know the brand or anything about it but that it was a walmart special and its at least 13 years old, but I knew EXACTLY what had to be done!!

I took off all of the pieces ie, grill, bumper, window insert, pulled the old decals off and and sanded it down. I painted the grill piece and rear bumper chrome, the second grill got a clear coat and the windows black (I decided not to put the window inset back in. I gave the truck a silver metallic base coat and then a blue metallic finish, I then lined the box with real rock guard. the entire truck (except the grill and bumper) got 5 layers of clear coat. Decals are still being worked on and I plan on getting some Scotchgard Paint Protection Film this week end and Im gonna cover what I can of the truck.

I realize you are supposed to pain the inside but it could not be done on the body. That is why I and getting the Protection Film and so many layers of clear coat.

And here is my Merv/slash build thread. You can view the truck before I restored it there
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...68699-New-merv!!

Here are some pics of in progress and so far
    lol don't mind my GF, she wanted in on the pics

Last edited by cooleocool; 12-13-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    Beastmode

RC Champion
    That actually looks pretty good from what you started with.... a different rim tire combo would change the look dramaticaly too, are you going to run it or shelf it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher_Jones View Post
    Beastmode

Quote Originally Posted by jaman View Post
    That actually looks pretty good from what you started with.... a different rim tire combo would change the look dramaticaly too, are you going to run it or shelf it?
    Thanks man, I wish the pictures did the colour justice I think I will run it easy for some video making, I guess it will be in a scene a "shelf queen" or rather a "field queen". I plan on using that protective plastic film that goes on the front of 1/1 cars. If its good enough to protect my car it should definitely be good enough for this

RC Enthusiast
    Way Kool.., good job ..,

A Professional driver sent this !
    2wd and 4x4 slash brasher