RC Competitor

Rustler Re-Build

Hey everyone, I am completely taking apart my Rustler for a new project. I am dying every single part black that I can and I am adding blue allimunum touches throughout the car. I am dying the lower chassis, upper chassis, tranny case, and bulkhead black. I have "anodized" the gear cover and receiver cover a blue allimum look. Everything looks amazing! My only problem is right now I am rebuilding the transmission, and I what to know what grease I shoud put in the gears and how i should go about doing so.
    Thanks!

RC Racer
    Use wheel bearing grease from an automotive store, or a red lithium tacky grease. other greases will simply spin off and not protect anything.

i use lucas red and tacky, its under $6 for a big tube. before that i used shell rotella, pretty much the same stuff. ive used it on all of my trucks for 5 years now.

and to put it on, put the trans back together, then with it off the truck put the grease on a screwdriver, spin the trans, and put the grease on the diff through the bottom inspection hole (dont know what else to call it). thats how ive always done it. you can simply put grease on all of the gears then put it back together, but this way is a lot cleaner.
    Last edited by WJ Jeep Guy; 12-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Use wheel bearing grease from an automotive store, or a red lithium tacky grease. other greases will simply spin off and not protect anything.
    Or even better yet, see if you can find Marine wheel bearing greese. It's alot more water proof, and it won't get watered down or runnied by water if it gets in the transmission. Hope this helps!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Racer
    all of the tacky greases are waterproof. mine goes all winter without being greased and its all still there in spring. ive never seen it get washed off of anything. cars, snowmobiles, and atvs when they go through a pond. so i dont worry at all