RC Qualifier

Cheap street tires for slash

Hey guys,
    I want to do speed runs on my slash, and i dont wanna use the stock ones, any cheap tires that i can run and maybe drift with?

define cheap? because you want alot out of shocks in the other thread, but dont want to pay much for them either............ im a firm believer of you get what you pay for.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    ~50 for 4? With rims

whats the little squiggle? only currency i know is the american $ lol

and you would be lucky to get 4 tires on rims for under $50 american.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    It means about 50 bucks lol, and noone? I heard the anacondas, idont know if they fit on my slash

those tires dont have the greatest reviews from all ive seen. and i know they balloon like crazy unless taped which isnt so good.

at most hobby shops 2 traxxas tires already mounted on rims is about $28 plus the tax for stock tires. good aftermarkets tend to run around same price for just tires with no wheels. expect to spend around $70+ roughly for good tires and rims.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I got a pair (4) of used proline road rage 1/10 tires for $30 at my lhs a while back

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    those tires dont have the greatest reviews from all ive seen. and i know they balloon like crazy unless taped which isnt so good.

at most hobby shops 2 traxxas tires already mounted on rims is about $28 plus the tax for stock tires. good aftermarkets tend to run around same price for just tires with no wheels. expect to spend around $70+ roughly for good tires and rims.
    Do you know any? Im willing to spend like $80 but maybe less

if your looking for street only tires i would say get the proline street fighters. you can get them mounted for about $35 a pair. or get just tires for around $22 a pair plus the price of your wheels. wheels range from $9 for a set of 2 for basic glue on wheels and up for fancier wheels like beadlocks. but beadlocks wont hold up the faster you go. the tires will pull out of the beadlocks. i say its better to buy unmounted tires and glue them yourself for a couple reasons. one being you have more selections of combinations of wheels and tires. and two being that you can tape the inside of the tires to get rid of 99% of the tire ballooning which will make your car much more stable at speeds. so that way your looking about $62 plus any tax and shipping and handling. so like i said around $70 or so
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Lol wow thanks for the response, appreciating lol. But the thing is its hard to find the rims and tire specifications, like i dont know if the tires will fit on the rims or not. Lol im new in the hobby, and i like the street fighters but i heard the anaconda ones, do they fit exactly in the slash?

http://prolineracing.com/short-course-desert-truck/

they make some of the best tires. no questioning that really. any wheel that is rated as sc or short course will work with the street fighters pretty much

here is all there wheels alone. now remember the front and rear wheels are different offsets. so you will need a pair that say slash front and a pair that say slash rear ( slash rear is same as slash 4x4 all around)

http://prolineracing.com/short-cours...t-truck-wheels
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, but wow the tires themselves are already 30 bucks for 2. Lol i know this hobby is expensive but im only 14 lol. But anyways, im thinking of getting the anacondas or the all terrain ones in the link you gave me. Like yesterday i saw my neighbor with his 1/10 nitro truck with big tires it made it look like 1/8 scale! So if im gnna get some how do i know if its big or not? And if i get big ones how would i know if it can turn if i put them on the front? Lol
    http://prolineracing.com/short-cours...tires-trencher
    See like this one, one says sc m3 soft and all other stuff lol, how do i know what to put? Please help

any of the tires will fit. sc means short course. its like a standard size almost. sc trucks like our slash take the 2.2x3 tire size to fit a stock size rim. the other dimensions matter but not as much. the only time you really even have to think about worrying about fitment is if your trying to make a monster truck or somthing and use wheels off a stamped for example. if the tire and wheel was designed for short course and has a 2.2/3" size it will fit.

the m2 and m3 thing is how soft the rubber of the tire is. the softer the rubber the more traction you will have but...... the faster it will wear out. and pretty much anything is better then a stock tire.

i myself am going to get trencher x tires in m2 medium softness. if you want to look closer at proline specs click on the part in question and then scroll down and click spec. it will give u the measurements there.

http://prolineracing.com/tires/trenc...m3-soft-tires/

these ones for example are 4.35" tall and 1.86" wide.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Ohh so by the 2.2 by 3, 2.2 is the height? And 3 is the width or something? Lol
    And yeah im thinking of puttink moster truck tires, do you think 1/8 tires will fit the slash?

if your complaining that just regular tires are to expensive you cant afford to do a mt conversion. you have to buy even bigger more expensive tires and rims. and either hack up your body wich will just look horrid or buy another body which means buying expensive paint and costing yet even more. just trying to warn you to choose your path wisely especially since your only 14 and im assuming have no job.

and no the 2.2/3 is like this. look closely at the inside of your tires compared to the outdie. the inside is 3 inches across the center to clear the steering linkage and the out is only 2.2 inches so you have more sidewall. the overall height is the same as stated in the spec section that i even quoted as 4.35 inches tall.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    if your complaining that just regular tires are to expensive you cant afford to do a mt conversion. you have to buy even bigger more expensive tires and rims. and either hack up your body wich will just look horrid or buy another body which means buying expensive paint and costing yet even more. just trying to warn you to choose your path wisely especially since your only 14 and im assuming have no job.

and no the 2.2/3 is like this. look closely at the inside of your tires compared to the outdie. the inside is 3 inches across the center to clear the steering linkage and the out is only 2.2 inches so you have more sidewall. the overall height is the same as stated in the spec section that i even quoted as 4.35 inches tall.
    I know, but i was just wondering if i can put 1/8 tires? Will it work or not? Lol and i dont care about the body, from far away with the body it makes it look small and it just looks like a normal rc lol.
    And ohh i see now, and what is the stock tire height?

RC Qualifier
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1014.h...ProductReviews
    See this one is cheap, bt i dont know if it fits

nope those wont fit. you get what you pay for in this hobby man, you really do. if you try and cheap out it will come back to bite you in the butt. those are 17mm so they wont fit. if i remember correctly stock size is 12mm. and those are actual monster truck tires. you want something more off of a 1/10 scale truck with a 2.8 inch rim. this is why i said a stampede.

all the ones that say 2.8"

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-wheels

same. ones that say 2.8"

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-tires

you will need both wheels and tires and then to do it right a body to (ones that say stampede)

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-bodies

and you could always search ebay for auctions at chop shops that buy rc's new and strip them down and part them out. search for stock stampede wheels and stock stampede body.
    Drag It!