Does anyone know why I am having this problem?
I am running a single "Traxxas 1200 MAH Power Cell" on my erevo. The battery is fully charged and I am getting less than 5 minutes of drive time. My transmitter show a solid green light. The receiver is showing a solid green light as well, but the ESC is showing a slow red light. When this occurs I lose the throttle portion but I still have steering. I can disconnect the battery and connect the battery back on it and it will run fine for a few more minutes.
I was thinking about re-Binding it. However, I would like to see what you folks think first. I am open for any suggestions.
That is all you can really expect with stock batteries is about 5-15min. If you switch to SPC lipos and get the 2s 2500mah battery, then if you run two you can have over an hour runtime and they are just $19 a piece. How old is your battery?
With great brushless comes great responsibility.
Its about two months old. Is there any other batteries other than lipos that I can get that would give me longer run time?
5 minutes is really low... here are a few things to check:
1) Make sure your ESC is in NiMH mode and not LiPo.
2) What are the voltages of a fully charged pack?
3) Is the pack warm/hot/cold coming off the charger?
4) Is the pack warm/hot/cold coming right after your 5 minute run?
5) Describe your normal charge/discharge cycle for your pack for me please.
Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.
Duratrax has 1600 mah nimh batteries. I dont like them though. The cells seem to fail faster than the stock nimh.
Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
The fastest way around the track is on the track
How do I check to see if my ESC is in NiHH mode and not LiPo.
I have just completed this task.
To disable Low-Voltage Detection (NiMH setting):
1. Make sure the LED on the ESC is on and green.
2. Press and hold the EZ-Set button for ten seconds. The LED will turn
off and then light red. Also, a “falling” musical tone will be emitted
from the motor.
3. Low-Voltage Detection is now DISABLED.
I am hoping this will work.