RC Enthusiast

Is this a good deal for E-Revo?

Traxxxas E-Revo 1/10 Brushless Conversion with Extras
    Price Drop!!! I bought this car about a year ago to dink around with and I've only ran it about 5 times. Car runs awesome, I estimate it's top speed between 50 and 60 mph. It is a blast to drive! Included with the truck are: Traxxas TQ Transmitter, 2 Traxxas 5000mah lipos, 2
    Gens Ace 5000mah lipos, and two bodys. The Revo body is bulletproof... meaning the inside has been sprayed with Rhino liner truck bed material "see photo". I purchased the bulletproof body from ebay for $100.00 about 3 months ago. All total I'm in this truck for over $700.00 dollars... Can Demo,asking $480.oo, price negotiable, but not desperate so no low balls please. Call or text anytime...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...&search=e-revo

It has a *******. Is ******* better or worse?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pros: (4) lipo batts
    Cons: old am radio system, HK brushless system, no upgrades.

I wouldn't buy it.

RC Qualifier
    I would offer maybe 400-425 because of the radio esc and shocks. I have had terrible luck with integy shocks. To give you a comparison in price, when I bought mine it only needed a radio and had a mamba system, 3 bodies, better tires and I only paid 425. Just make sure that everything is working and the diffs aren't stripped already. That is just my opinion, you don't have to listen to me or anyone else on here if you don't want to
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Enthusiast
    wow.. I didn't know it was AM radio. That is a major downfall. I think I'll pass thanks all.

BTW how come MM & tur... system was started out.. Can we not use brand names? if not why? I never heard of such a thing
    Last edited by dociledragons; 12-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    pm sent...

RC Champion
    When buying used its almost always better to buy just a roller and build from there. For that matter its better new or not. A brand new roller can be bought on flea bay for well under $300. I just picked up another used roller for $300 with 3 sets of nearly new tires, and a boatload of spare parts still NIP. Its already got most of the upgrades done to it and in the spares is a new tranny, 2 new diffs, center diff, sway bars, front and rear bulkheads, battery covers and vents, rpm a arms....the list goes on. Pretty much enough to build another except a chassis. Of course its going to need all the electronics but I prefer it that way so I can put in what I want and what I perceive to be good, not someone elses thoughts.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks Justin, I've decided to buy new just have to wait till after X-mas

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    When buying used its almost always better to buy just a roller and build from there. For that matter its better new or not. A brand new roller can be bought on flea bay for well under $300. I just picked up another used roller for $300 with 3 sets of nearly new tires, and a boatload of spare parts still NIP. Its already got most of the upgrades done to it and in the spares is a new tranny, 2 new diffs, center diff, sway bars, front and rear bulkheads, battery covers and vents, rpm a arms....the list goes on. Pretty much enough to build another except a chassis. Of course its going to need all the electronics but I prefer it that way so I can put in what I want and what I perceive to be good, not someone elses thoughts.

RC Champion
    Dont take all the fun out!
    As you get more and more into the hobby you will find that the building is the best part of it. Its my therapy where I can go into my man cave, crank the tunes and be oblivous.

You can still go new and build it exactly how you want to. It comes out far cheaper thay way and you dont get stuck with a bin full of parts to collect dust. The Brand new ERBE rollers are on fleabay all the time. Add ESC/motor, TX/RX, servo/servos, tires and a body of your choice and you are ready to roll and its how you want it the first time. Of course batteries and a charger is needed but thats pretty much added cost no matter what you buy, even the ones that come with a battery and charger as they usually dont cut it.