Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
They say a dog is the best form of defence for a home. But Ive seen lots of signs "beware of dog" with no dog so im not sure thats a deterrent anymore. They also so the sound of a Remington 870 action being cycled is the most recognizable gun sound in the world.

I know which I prefer to have if I need it.
Beware of Dog signs are cheap, you don't have to feed them or have someone take care of them when you are out... But,,, they don't bite either...

Now, you get an 88 lbs Akita giving you a nice warm welcome,,,, you ARE going to think twice before breaking in....

Then again, I'm 6' 200 lbs, experienced in Martial Arts, Self Defense both military trained and privately... Then there's my Officers Edition Colt .45.. Mama knows how to use it pretty good too!!!

Anyone busts into my house un-invited,,, they better pray the dog get's them before I do... I do not miss, and always double tap....

Here's my puppy she's the one on the top, they ARE playing,,, That's her mom she's wrestling with....

Thieves, intruders do not like dogs,,, even little ones are known to deter intruders,,, Alarms,,, everyone knows it takes time for police to respond, they just snatch and run in those cases... But they will think seriously if they hear one of these inside the house....