RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Boat Flipped Now It Doesn't Work =(

I Was Driving My Spartan Then It Flipped And The Whole LId Flipped Off Somehow. Therefore Obviously It Got Completely Submerged... Now The Receiver Flickers On The Boat Keeps Flashing And The Boat Keeps Turning Etc. When I'm Not Pressing Anything Even After Unplugging And Replugging. Any ideas on what to do about this. mahalo

RC Qualifier
    Did you fully dry up your electronics before you go for a run again? Probably the water came into your receiver, open the receiver box then check the receiver if there's a water in it.
    Last edited by Edgemoulic; 01-03-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC poster
    Next time your electronics get wet, store them in a rice bag for a couple days. Chances are your receiver is shot.

RC Enthusiast
    supersnake is right the rice thing does work but make sure everything is completely dry before you hook power back to it.

RC Competitor
    I never run the spartan without hatch or hockey tape holding the lid on only $5 for three rolls, jim & super snake are right bag of rice works

RC Enthusiast
    so you think its ruined because the power was on and has been on at least once since? and yes there was water in the "waterproof" reciever housing...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the receivers a pretty resilient if you take the right steps to dry them out. Well, all mine have been anyway
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    Well the meaning of Waterproof is very different from Water Resistant. Our Spartan is waterproof so it means at a certain time you could prevent the water from coming in the receiver if you seal it properly, worst thing is once you flip your boat & goes like a Titanic sink, the receiver will be the first victim on this, for a proper tightness put a silicone grease on the small opening which contacts those wires so that no water will come into the receiver box.

RC Enthusiast
    OAHU more than likely its probably shot but you could still give it a try. Hey at least they are only like 30 or so dollars.

RC Enthusiast
    There's No warranty for things like this?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure call traxxas CS, if ever covered from warranty, your location (shipping cost) and the waiting process is too long, I'd rather buy a new one to enjoy the fun, it happens to me one time when I was a newbie like you I didn't bother to call traxxas I just replace it with a new one to have more fun.

Traxxas Employee
    It sounds like your receiver got wet from the water getting into the Box. Call our support guys at 1-888-traxxas and they should get you taken care of. If you want to get up and running a little faster, you may try putting the receiver in a bag of dry rice which will help to draw out the moisture. I would also recommend using some silicone grease around the edges of the receiver box to make sure that it is completely sealed around the wires.

RC Enthusiast
    well i been trying to dry out the reciever for a while now do you think its safe to try it again?

RC Enthusiast
    Well I tried Plugging It In Again And Now The Boat Doesn't Respond What So Ever Its As If Its Not Plugged In But It Is. No Blinking Lights No Sounds No NOTHING? Any Ideas?

RC Qualifier
    The receiver is dead, you need a replacement.

RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Edgemoulic View Post
    The receiver is dead, you need a replacement.
    Well I Think I Got The Reciever Fixed Now And Everything Is Synced Up But Now My ESC Is Giving Me Trouble I Believe... Here's A Video Of The Current Situation.

RC Qualifier
    As is, buy a receiver you should have a spare to check, that's exactly what happened to my receiver before.

RC Enthusiast
    Tried Completely Unplugging The Reciever And ESC acts the same...and reciever lights up green and syncs with remote etc. fine