Dirt oval slash is getting some love

Just mounted up some clay tires for the new track that was built and working on a new body.

there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

All masked off for first layer of paint.

Drag It!

Colors for this body are candy red, metalic black, and silver streak. The nose will be black along with the bottom. The strip will be silver in-between the 2 blue pinstripe lines. And the rest is candy red with silver backing.

This is where she sits this moment. Candy red is on. Need to remask for the silver application then again for the black. Waiting for paint to thoroughly dry though
    Drag It!

RC poster
    I really like the look of that dirt oval car.

I have a question regarding painting. I noticed you painted the candy red first, with the intention of doing the silver backing and strip next ( I assume). Then the black bottom and nose. I have painted 2 bodies before, and i was taught to do the darkest color first (black?) then the lighter colors.

When you use the silver backer will the black not affect the candy at all? I'm asking because I have a VW body i'm wanting to paint candy orange and black, similar to the paint scheme on your car and i wanted to do the candy first but was afraid of it darkening up when i put the black on.

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joejo View Post
    I really like the look of that dirt oval car.

I have a question regarding painting. I noticed you painted the candy red first, with the intention of doing the silver backing and strip next ( I assume). Then the black bottom and nose. I have painted 2 bodies before, and i was taught to do the darkest color first (black?) then the lighter colors.

When you use the silver backer will the black not affect the candy at all? I'm asking because I have a VW body i'm wanting to paint candy orange and black, similar to the paint scheme on your car and i wanted to do the candy first but was afraid of it darkening up when i put the black on.
    Silver is a solid color that black will not show through, which protects the candy colors. Whenever I need protect a lighter color from black, I back it with a silver.
    Just 1 mph more!

he pretty much nailed it on the head. plus you can always mask off your areas you dont want to be hit with black. i will mask all the candy and the silver off just so that i dont waist as much paint either. not needing to entirely but i like to be safe than sorry.
    Drag It!

Oooooohhhhhhhh shiny
    Drag It!

Is it normal in dirt oval racing to have such an agressive tread pattern on the front and a different pattern on the rear? Also, I love what you're doing with that body; it looks awesome thus far!
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

Just needs some stickers now and my number. What you guys think? I love it myself.

Drag It!

the fronts i just ran for years because they did ok and i already had them. but our track we run on now is an actual groomed clay track so i will be changing the front tires eventually over to something more like what is on the rear in the latest pics. currently front tires are proline trencher m2 (which are hard as a rock). rear tires are are now proline suburbs in clay compound. and i love them. there super soft and work great. but on alot of 2wd vehicles the front tires are different than the rears.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    Love the color scheme! That's one nice looking slash.
    Just 1 mph more!

All stickered up and ready to debut the new body on race day tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Drag It!

All ready for race day, let's see how many I can own

Mods please don't delete or flag, lots of traxxas love.

Bandit on the left with rpm front bumper. Flm trans housing, strc rear hubs, strc 17mm wheel adapters using 1/8 buggy wheels. Oh and rustler arms as well. Rpm rear bumper, rpm bumper mount, and rpm low visibility wheelie bars. All running on a velineon system. Won my feature last week and looking to repeat.

2nd from left is a losi ten scte 4x4 (no details on non traxxas rig).

3rd is obviously my slash 2wd with more mods than I can list. It would be easier to list stock parts that are left. This rig has brought me 8 feature wins and even more heat race wins. Looking to keep coming on strong and running up front as usual.

And far right is my 1/8 ofna electric dirt oval. This class is just knarly and runs on 4s lipo and is 4x4. (No details on non traxxas rig).
    Drag It!

Well I'm happy to report back that after adjusting the suspension to keep the body from hotting the ground I went out and took second in the heat race half a car from the win. And I took first in the main. I call that a pretty good day.
    Drag It!