RC Competitor

Rustler Front Shocks on all 4 Corners?

I can't remember where I saw this recommended but I did it and I'm having some trouble with the rear end. I upgraded to the protrac arms all round but i can't seem to get the Shocks to line up since they're soo much shorter. The initial intention was to lower the overall ride height which would be accomplished if I can get these to mount.

anyone do this mod?

RC Champion
    Interesting. The stock shock bodies are the same for front and rear. It's just the shafts and springs that are different lengths. You'd think that mounting the shorter shocks would be just like compressing the larger ones a little.

RC Competitor
    I will post some pictures later on. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    They should line up... Did you put the new arms on backwards maybe?
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Competitor
    the arms are the same I believe. I just mounted them with the word proline being able to be read if you are standing behind the vehicle.

RC Competitor
    Well deffinitely did NOT fit. When I installed them even at the inner most mounting position the a-arms were inverted pointing up! I re-installed the stock rear shocks but that doesn't get me the lowered look I was going for any suggestions out there? I'll post some pics tomorrow.

RC Racer
    theirs always the fuel tube mod if you have the extra shock oil.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    If you want the truck to look lower without losing all of the suspension travel, then lower the body as low as possible, get some street tires like anacondas and run really soft springs on the shocks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Interesting. The stock shock bodies are the same for front and rear. It's just the shafts and springs that are different lengths. You'd think that mounting the shorter shocks would be just like compressing the larger ones a little.
    The shock bodies on the Stampede 4X4 are not the same. Front are XL and rear are XXL. If you put them side by side the rears are obviously longer. They have to be for the longer shafts and springs. If you get a pair of XXL's, you should be able to get your rear end set up right. I'd go with the Traxxas aluminum shocks with titatanium shafts. Since they rear doesn't get as many high impacts as the front which hits things first, they're very low maintenance and work well.