Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    MasterMax - I'll take some pics for ya - pics always help a lot more than words
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stach35 View Post
    MasterMax - I'll take some pics for ya - pics always help a lot more than words
    okay thankyou!.. i just dont understand :P

RC Enthusiast
    Wow...I had zero interest in a Bandit until I saw this thread. Dang it, you are going to cost me money!

RC Racer
    lol Jimmy! - The Bandit is an iconic RC for me... may be just a basher for some, but do one up right and it can be one awesome machine!.

I went looking for a car that resembled my old Metro/Tyco RC Jet hopper turbo from back in the 80's, the Bandit was the closest to it . Phoenix will never be sold so the $$ put into her isn't an issue for me

RC Enthusiast
    Stach35 you should put some leds on that bandit!

RC Racer
    Pieconqueso - The thought had crossed my mind - main thing is i dont drive in the dark and it'd be more #$^% factor

RC Enthusiast
    how do you post pictures off your desktop?

RC Racer
    I upload them to my Photo bucket account after re-sizing them in Photoshop.

RC Racer
    Well, my 78T Pro-line spur gear arrived today and now allows me to fit my 31T pinion with a little room to move!, so as soon as this rain clears up, i can get her back out for some speed runs in a better location.

Mastermax - here's the photo showing the hex adapter and what it allows you to fit.

RC Racer
    Just ordered the last lot of upgrades for Phoenix - A Protek 130S Servo, RPM front arms and another set of red alum caster blocks, and finally another set of Pro-line Slipper clutch pads - The pads are stuck to the spur so you cant take them off without ruining them.

RC Enthusiast
    ohhhh haha i get it now. I didnt realise that wheels had the hex indents, THANKYOU!.... and keep updating with what you get i like looking at the pictures C:

RC Racer
    All good dude, no worries at all

RC Racer
    Couple more images

RC Competitor
    That is a great looking bandit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

RC Enthusiast
    I agree it looks awesome! my parts are slowly coming... ordered STRC aluminium front shock tower (blue), STRC aluminium bumper (blue), 12mm hex adapters, wheelie bar, metal camber links, need some new axle carriers (my wheels wobble crazily :/)

RC Racer
    Cheers fellas!, coming right along!, with some new videos not far off.

Mastermax - It's like Christmas all over again every time we order new upgrades hey! - hopefully the new carriers fix your wheel wobbles!. Maybe you had some dodgy bearings.

RC Champion
    Stach, your Bandit is awesome! The pictures with the black offroad wheels and tires make my jaw drop. While I did enjoy your story in the beginning, there's no time quite like the present. Keep it up I'm staying tuned for the vids

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stach35 View Post
    Cheers fellas!, coming right along!, with some new videos not far off.

Mastermax - It's like Christmas all over again every time we order new upgrades hey! - hopefully the new carriers fix your wheel wobbles!. Maybe you had some dodgy bearings.
    Haha exactly how i feel!... i get home everyday "Is there any packages for me?" and yea my bandit is like 10 or so years old it came with the mechanical speed control and i think everything is just wearing out after i went brushless :P

RC Enthusiast

Front of my bandit so far. Sorry for terrible quality next time ill use a digital camera instead of my ipod :P

RC Racer
    haha sweet! - blue is nice!

RC Enthusiast
    Well Stach, I'm gonna blame this on you. I am about halfway through converting a Slash to a Rustler and also looking for Bandit bodies. Thanks for sharing again!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
    Well Stach, I'm gonna blame this on you. I am about halfway through converting a Slash to a Rustler and also looking for Bandit bodies. Thanks for sharing again!
    Haha!, sorry Jimmy! lol. Its just so addictive.. and yeah, my wallets been lightened a fair amount too lol

Always a pleasure to share!

Here's also the latest unboxing of parts

I found my Bandit body on Ebay.com and it came from i think extreme rc in Florida I believe. Traxxas do not sell any bodies for the Bandit which I find annoying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFF0vGf53s

RC Racer
    Well, spent a good few hours putting the Protek 130S servo in today.. used my GoPro hero3 silver to film it... had to trim the upper chassis to fit the aluminium Protek Servo horn which was a bit of fiddling around, that and the receiver wire was only just long enough to fit.

Any how, i bought an LCD bacpac for the GroPro Hero 3 so it was a lot easier filming when I could see where it was looking picture wise... checking the videos later on my computer, the quality is crap and can barely hear the sound... so that's the how to video wasted!... will have to just do an after video outside tomorrow showing the new servo working.

One awesome thing I will say though... Is that this PTK-130S Protek servo is amazing! - craps all over the Hitech that I put in Phoenix and is that powerful and fast, it can shuffle across the floor and it slightly bends the chassis when i turn the remote wheel while im holding the car! lol!, talk about torque!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Stach i just completed painting my bandit so I'm going to start my own build thread. Hope you will check it out as you have been one of my many influences. Keep on upgrading your vehicles and creating Youtube videos.
    Thanks for helping man! ill credit you in my build and if i ever need to know something ill probably comment here c:

RC Racer
    Awesome to hear MasterMax!, Appreciate the kind words and always happy to help!.

Still a bit of a noob when it comes to making the youtube vids so will keep at it. Maybe try some better editing software sometime.

Will check out the thread when you get it up .

Cheers

RC Racer
    RPM front A arms now on Phoenix so on both front and rear now... and have an aluminium upper deck/chassis on its way!

RC Racer
    very nice read. makes me miss my Bandit VXL. i lost her in a terable accident. (NON-REPAIRABLE) i was doing a speed run. brand new aniconda rear stock tires in front. brand new Velinium system first run off the charged 3s lipo was 65MPH second run was 70mph and the third....well she made it to 42MPH before being ran over by a truck that ran the stop sign and my spoter wasnt looking *** nice bandits everyone enjoy it while there young.

RC Enthusiast
    [QUOTE=Stach35;5450462]Couple more images

hey stach do you know what these rims and tires are called yet? thanks

RC Racer
    Not sure Mastermax, I've moved house last weekend so have been busy the last two weeks. Will ring my friend here who runs the last shop I was at, and find out. Stay tuned!.

Ok - so they're off a Wild Killer RC by HaiBoxing

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Great pics and write up. I have been missing my street bandit, got it up to 62mph, although it felt like 90:

I dismantled it to turn 75% of its parts into this:

Nice build! The speed always feels about 30 MPH faster than it really is!
    Last edited by MooseSlash; 05-20-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: more speed...
    And there he goes with the carbon...