RC Competitor

how to color RPM parts

I wounder who here has or know's anyone. That has dyed there rpm a arms, front bumper. I seen that people buy Dyeable RPM part. Then boil water with RIT Dye for the colors. does anyone know where to get them. and has be able to complete this feature
    just-in-case

RC Racer
    I am not really sure what you are asking.

Yes, you can dye parts using RIT. I understand that if you dye darker you will be ok.

RC Competitor
    i have black rmp part but i wanna dye them orange and few other lighter colors. i have seen guys that have white rpm parts. were do they get them form. thanks trashyrich.
    just-in-case

RC Racer
    I am not sure if you can go lighter. I think once they are black, that is it. You might be able to slightly scuff them, but I am not sure.
    Have you looked at the RIT website?
    I have seen the white parts too online, not sure where.

I am sure that someone with more knowledge on this subject will chime in.

Or go to URC, they have a paint thread. try that.

Look on eBay for the white dyable arms or whatever your looking for. I think they discontinued them
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, you can only go light to dark. If you have black and want them orange, just sell them (or keep as temporary spares) and buy white ones. You can get any color RIT dye on ebay. I just got Tangerine, Sunshine orange, Scarlet and Cherry

The Tangerine is a deep orange-red. The Sunshine orange is a standard orange.

RC Competitor
    thanks deanwrx. i too just bought the tangerine and sunshine orange. wanting to do all my a arms, towers, and front and rear bumpers, i just cant find these white rpm parts.

thanks for the feedback
    just-in-case

RC Qualifier
    Ok, looks like RPM used to make white a arms for the 4x4. A guy on ebay has a few sets left. But looks like the front a arms are different on 2x4 vs 4x4: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPM-WHITE-fr...-/390500273586

RC Racer
    RPM has never made white parts for the slash. At one point they may have made them for the rustler but they are no longer available. And i have never seen any anywhere. I think your choices are black or blue for most parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ Jeep Guy View Post
    RPM has never made white parts for the slash. At one point they may have made them for the rustler but they are no longer available. And i have never seen any anywhere. I think your choices are black or blue for most parts.
    This is not correct. RPM made a special order of white a-arms for the Slash 4x4 for ebay seller Python Motorsports. A different ebay seller is now selling them. I just called RPM to confirm this: (909) 393-0366

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    This is not correct. RPM made a special order of white a-arms for the Slash 4x4 for ebay seller Python Motorsports. A different ebay seller is now selling them. I just called RPM to confirm this: (909) 393-0366

ok, but it wasnt made available to the general public. What i mean is you cant simply go down to your local hobby store and pick them up. and still those arms are for a slash 4x4, which are of no use on a slash 2wd.

RC Qualifier
    You're right. And in the end, we still don't have white front a-arms for the 2wd.

Are the rear a-arms the same?

ok, but it wasnt made available to the general public. What i mean is you cant simply go down to your local hobby store and pick them up. and still those arms are for a slash 4x4, which are of no use on a slash 2wd.

RC Qualifier
    I thought the slash 2wd a arms were the same as all of the 4x4 arms

RC Racer
    no the 2wd rear arms are like 1/4" shorter than the 4x4 arms

RC Qualifier
    no the 2wd rear arms are like 1/4" shorter than the 4x4 arms
    got it. Thanks for the info.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the info i just got an email from PRM makers. they never made white a arms for slash . Like deanwrx said i can email Python Motorsports to get a hold of white a arms and towers for the slash and for the question for the a arms on the 2wd being the same as the 4wd, there diff front n rear a arms
    thanks all for the feedback hope my questions help others in new ideas
    just-in-case