Thread: Big Bore Shocks

RC Competitor

Big Bore Shocks

Just got the big bore shocks with red springs (stock) but I cant get the truck to stand up like it would with the stock shocks. The truck literally is about a quarter of an inch off the ground with batteries. If anyone has an idea on how to increase the ride height without ordering aftermarket springs it would be much apreciated.
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Champion
    Do you have the pre-load clips? thats one way of doing it.

Others trash those weak stock red springs and opt for the Traxxas white progressive springs. Pre-load clips still may need to be used though.

Also make sure you installed the new shocks on the same mounting holes as the last shocks.

Silly question...
    Is there oil in them?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Silly question...
    Is there oil in them?
    Haha yes there is oil you have to do it yoursellf which is time consuming but nessesary
    XO-1 Supercar

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    Do you have the pre-load clips? thats one way of doing it.

Others trash those weak stock red springs and opt for the Traxxas white progressive springs. Pre-load clips still may need to be used though.

Also make sure you installed the new shocks on the same mounting holes as the last shocks.
    Yeah I have tried the pre load clips but they still dont work and used the same mounting holes.
    XO-1 Supercar

The best thing you can do is get a better rated spring, both the stock red's & BB red springs are very in-antiquate for the weight of the Maxx trucks.

E bay has a good selection of duel rate springs, Integy makes a good spring kit for the BB/stock maxx shocks & the Team AE MGT springs fit too.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Buy a set of Integy Progressive Rate Springs. Have been running them for awhile in my EMaxx hassle free and you then have quite a few options to "play" around with different strength springs.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    You could check a hardware store for springs that may fit??? Other than that, you need new, stiffer springs.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys for all the help i instaled the white springs that come stock with the truck because they are much stiffer than the red ones. I would recomend to anybody that buys the shocks but already has the stock white springs buy big bores without springs cause they are terrible for a EMBE (the red springs that is)
    XO-1 Supercar

The red springs are terrible period on any Maxx truck.
    They are like 2.3lbs rate & stupid weak, pulled them of my trucks right after break in & have never looked back!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!