Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

8 72.73%
  • dislike

3 27.27%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxx

RC Qualifier
    Here is my other build in progress. So far I've been able to perfectly shim my FLM Ultimate Bulkhead, gather all the titanium screws, and soft-semmble all the parts i'll be using. I'll bolt it all up together once i feel i'm ready and have everything all set. Those bumpers are now on the list for this FLM based build.
    The maxx which pictures are posted above is completed and just needs velco straps and the batteries to come on in. I'll drive and grow from that for the time being until this maxx is finished...

I completed my ready to run Maxx today, just waiting on the batteries. Heres another shot at how I was able to use longer Titanium Hinge Pins and having them lay in place with spacers. I'll tear this maxx down after a few runs and refine it further with my Ejector Pins and possbile with some stronger material of EMAXXBRUSHLESS is able to use the stronger material as hinge pins.....we'll have to wait and see..i might come across the answer for the best material to use as hinge pins....

RC Qualifier
    Hey if im not mistaken im seeing something that doesn't make sense to me. I went to T-Bone Racing's website and was looking at the pictures on the Emaxx installed and what I saw was that the orientation of the tires was setup where the front passenger side tire was faced backwards, and then the rear driver side tire was in the same orientation, while the two other tires ( front driver's side and rear passenger side ) where in the "correct" orientation, can anyone tell me if that setup is a good one to adapt?

or you can view the full size pics here by clicking the pictures in the description and making them bigger:
    http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/T...Maxx-p357.html

On the Chevrons the bottom of the V's face forward, like this.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Thats what I figured, but on the Maxx in the link i provided from T-Bone Racing the truck's front passenger tire is backwards and the rear driver side is backward, the V that is.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's funny someone slipped up!
    Your build looks nice!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, so does yours, plenty more to do....heres another thing on the Hinge Pins....I guess Popoxx uses Berger Pins now, that are too strong to cut for him so he said.....take a look at the info on the pins on this thread:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-lists)/page29

RC Qualifier
    For my FLM Build on my second Emaxx...im going to get the New WATERPROOF Mamab Monster 2 system along with these awesome beefy, 12800maH TRAXXAS LiPos at 25C, 50C max,WATERPROOF Batteries........but enjoying my current Maxx will probably be just as fun !
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=5371

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So it can swim and run fast then put a wing on it and fly!

RC Qualifier
    Well the whole idea of wings on it seemed very appealing to me but i was afraid that with my first set of cartwheels the wing would just shred right off.......unless if you know of a wing company that offers great wings for an emaxx with a great warranty package...?...

RC Qualifier
    Today I worked on my Blade SR Helicopter as well....I want to do what this guy does...check this out ! :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bSERka3dU4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is crazy!

RC Champion
    WOW, Thats incredible.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    got my money back from the seller and hopefully monday the new order will be here

That dude got mad skills! I'd turn that chopper into a box of parts in about 3sec flat!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Lets see them pins !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have the rear together

RC Qualifier
    Looking good 50
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

+1 on that too, them a arms are holding up good with that much damage on them, good thing they are not alum's or they would have been gone by now!
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks! oh yep they have taken some hits!!

RC Qualifier
    Looking very good. Anyone know the size of the E-Clips that are for the hinge pins ? I want to get some titanium ones unless if anyone can tell me of any really good E-Clips out there on the market?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lunsford says they are 2.5mm

RC Qualifier
    Thanks....guess what ... ! Got my batteries in the mail today ! O YEAH ! Gave Onyx a call and learned how to program my Onyx 245 charger to charge at the Amp ratings of my likings......and yes 50.....it issss a good idea to charge lipo cells at a lower amp rating for the first intial few charges..same goes with helicopter batteries..( i learned that somewhat the hard way with my Blade sr120 batteries) so as I type this...my batteries are charging at 0.8 amps....the only thing is that they are too big for my stock setup....so i'm asking anyone out there if they know of any good "straps" or battery holders that I can use with my stock chasis for the time being...i'm thinking of just getting some velcro...but i hope people can pitch in thier fantastic ideas.......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That sounds good! Let me know how they work

Got mine together. The lunsford titanium hinge pins worked good except for the front lower they were too short. I had to run the flm pins that came with the bulkhead
    I hope the heat shrink /washer mod stays put on the front cvd. I don't like the angle holds up on the revo but the maxx drops down quite a bit

Aren't you suppose to hook up the balance leads? .8 amps you will be there all night and day charging. Nice lipos and charger by the way. I was looking into the rally hold downs they are after all based on the emaxx! They have higher ones not sure if it goes higher than 29mm the one I saw. If not determine how long you need straps then order them first. I have a pic to help you out I will post.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I get the maxx back together and my daughter gets home and doesn't even say thanks!

RC Champion
    Somtimes kids just dont appreciate the things we do for them. Hide the batteries. LOL

RC Qualifier
    I don't get what you mean when you said "Aren't you suppose to hook up the balance leads? And yes....my charger shuts off after 90 min of charge for safety reasons......i'm still charging these batteries.....i wanted to charge these batteries really good...and charging them at a low amp rating the first few charges will be a good idea and will be easy on the cells...same goes with helicopter batteries...learned that the hard way with my Blade sr120.........but after a few charges and runs..i'll probably stick with charging them at 5 amps.........but without being able to harness these batteries with my current stock chasis setup.....i don't mind soft charging these at 0.8 amps until i get some velcro or some battery straps..........

RC Champion
    The balance leads connect to the little plug on your battery and to the charger. This alows the charger to charge the cells evenly. You will probably want to set the charger for balance mode too. They dont need to be balanced charged every time, but its not a bad idea and wont hurt.

spc lipos mention on their site always balance charge their lipos alot safer and keeps the cells in balance which is what i always do i would rather wait a little longer than have to wait out of the street lol wont happen but its better on the lipos to stay in balance.
    what i was referring to was the battery balance lead is not connected to the charger why is that? are you not balancing them?

RC Qualifier
    Goodness sakes....these are my first LiPos and I already feel like I'm lacking very important knowledge. I don't know what it means to balance the batteries/chargers? How do I do that ? Does it have to do with the little white connectors on the batteries? Thanks guys....because I want to do things right, off the bat........

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know how I can connect the balancing connectors to my charger...i just looked on my charger and the slot that says "balance" is a bigger slot that the size of the little white connectors on the batteries....am i going to need another adapter that came with my charger...thanks for all the input.......id like to charge these batteries correctly everytime and am shocked that the representattive from onyx didn't tell me about the balancing leads yesterday..........

read this from the first link to the last 2 links ok tells you everything you need to know about charging and taking care of lipos.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos

You are not balancing them and this can be dangerous.
    I do believe you need to purchase another balance board its call what you hook up to the charger then on that board you should have you hook your balance plug on the lipo to the 2s plug port on the board do that to each of the boards ok. too hook up the board to the charger it should just plug right up to the white port on the charger ok. first hook up the battery charge lead traxxas connector to the charger then plug in the balance lead to the balance board and select balance charge mode on the charger ok then you will reset this everytime you start a new charge ok. never exceed 1c=8amps for your case ok since you have 8000mah lipos. for ever 1000mah its 1amp on the charger.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you soo much...I was looking for a repsonse from you and i really apprecaite it ! I don't know why the dude from Onyx didn't tell me all of this yesterday........geez!
    With my charger came a whole bunch of other boards...so one of them will probably do the trick. I stopped charging my batteries this afternoon and will resume charge after I get the balancing ports all set. Thanks for the input guys......i hope i didn't do any damage to my batteries..... I've soo far havn't used them...they havn't been fully charged...and have been charged only at 0.08 amps thus fur until i stopped charging them due to wanting and needing to balance these pupies !1 Thanks Mike !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can bump the amps up a little. 2 or 3 amps is low for yours. More important to balance them and lightly discharge for the first few discharges. I usually stop at around 3.8v per cell
    Did I mention charging in a lipo bag and never leave the batteries unattended while they are charging!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-12-2013 at 06:30 PM.

no problem glad i could help, you want the board that says JST-XH board. that will be able to charge your lipos. Also you can up the charge rate as 50togo said you wont damage the lipos at all ok. when you run them they are going to be pulling over 100amps at a point so charging them at 2-5 amps wont hurt them any. their is talk by only a few that if you can discharge a lipo at 30-60 amps constant you can charge a lipo that high but that is talk and theory though from what i have read. not to throw you off track ok. sometimes customer service at places dont tell you everything so boards like this are very helpful.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your getting more knowledgeable by the minute mike!

RC Qualifier
    And so am I, thanks Mike and 50togo ! i'll get that board and some Velcro and wil get my Maxx on a roll in no time ! You guys are awesome !

RC Qualifier
    Alright, got things figured out ! Thanks everyone who has helped me ! I got the Balance Boards that came with my Onyx 245 charger to allow me to charge my Onyx batteries correctly. All of the advice from 50togo and Mike has really helped me. And yes, for my first few runs ( that is when i get my velcro in the mail ) I will discharge lightly and easy........and for the first few charges, i'll charge them at a low amp rating....then will gradually work my way up to like 5.0 amp charge.......( instead of the 0.8amps that I got them charging as I type this ---- learned the hard way......... theory says that you can charge LiPos at high amp ratings....but the lesser the amp rating...the "easier and lighter" you are on the cells-prolonging thier lives supposly ). I guess I have to get some LiPo bags.......anyone know of a good place to get them for ( not cheap---rather a smart price ) and also......50...did you manually program your ESC to shut off at 3.8Vs per cell....i guess the stock ESC comes with an automatic setting to shut off power consumption at just above 3 volts per battery............i don't want to over discharge these puppies...thanks guys...i'm glad i took pictures and got some constructive critism......this is where i'm at and needed to be !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's looking better. So you have a castle link to program your esc? You should get one if not and raise the lvc

My charger has a storage and discharge mode.

So with the flm setup my white springs are a little too weak. These blue ones work a little better.took them off my t maxx. Does anyone have an idea on the spring rate of these?

RC Qualifier
    I plan on getting the castle link very soon. Does anyone know where I can get one for the best price ? Then i'll raise the lvc....thanks 50......as far as those springs go....I have no idea...but i got some aftermarket springs from Ebay and they are much stiffer than the white springs that came on my 3908 maxx and the red springs that came on my 3903. Is there a way or a tool that can help determine spring rates ? The next thing on my list is the Castle Link.....thanks !

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast