Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Unhappy Sad story regards New car

Hi guys, you won't believe what i've been through last month.
    Let me tell you the story..

My nephew of 10 always comes with me with driving my E Revo. He does like it a lot and let him drive often, but it isn't like both driving a car. But he's just 10 and the parents can't afford it. So I thought, if I could sell some stuff that i've got in house and do not use anymore, maybe I can collect some money to buy him his first REAL RC car for his birthday that's coming. Ain't got that money on my bank either.

So on, I collected 160 euro's and 4 weeks ago I did see a nice Rustler online and went for it.. Checked everything and all the information was correct. Sad story, paid for the car, but never got the car because of identity theft.

Devastated about the news I could not understand how people could do that.. Worked my of for that money

Nephews birthday was there, no present.. So I explained the situation and he wanted to put his money from his birthday towards the car €80. The parents could make it 120. I decided to sell my small collection of 'old coins' I collected and found over the years to get him his car.
    I got 240 euro's and ready to buy a RC car! Decided to go for the Stampede 4x4 instead, because I collected some more money and it's a better car and he could drive it for a long time. So I did see a Stampede 4x4 online and talked bout the car and explained everything I went through and that I was buying a car for my nephew. He told me it was a great car and looked very good(pictures showed the same). We made a appointment for last Tuesday to meet so I could see the car myself and bring it with me so I couldn't get scammed. \

So I went there by train(ain't got my driver license because it's to expensive) and walked to the street and address I needed to be. Came there and 2 men were outside and I introduced myself and they said the car was in the backyard. The saddest part was when we approached in the garden one of the guys pulled out a gun and told me to give my money and I got robbed!
    Apparently the house was for sale and the owners had moved in there new home when the police called the number they had of the house owners. The robbers did know and that's why they picked the house and could go in the back.
    Thought it really can't go worse.. I can't imagine how people could be that sick to steal money from a kid and don't mind at all. All the money we collected is gone and no car for the kid.

I'm really devastated and lost faith in humanity. Just can't understand..
    Think I won't be on the forum for a while, done with RC for this time..
    Last edited by Double G; 09-18-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: language violation

wow that's really bad luck, but honestly you did all that you shouldn't be doing. I don't buy anything from estrangers, definitely won't be meeting anyone knowing I'm the one with the money, and if I do. I make sure mine is racked and loaded. I always buy online and use PayPal as a payment so I'm protected. Don't you guys have eBay or similar websites over there.

That indeed is a sad story.

Unfortunately i have no other trucks to give away at the moment otherwise I would have sent in one.

The marshals will probably move this thread to the alley as it is on the wrong subforum.

The main thing is at least you got out alive out of this, be very carefull as such encounters could be fatal...buy it safe, eBay does wonders, and if they can track and has proven that a fraud has ocuured, they will help you till teh situation has resolved.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    wow that's really bad luck, but honestly you did all that you shouldn't be doing. I don't buy anything from estrangers, definitely won't be meeting anyone knowing I'm the one with the money, and if I do. I make sure mine is racked and loaded. I always buy online and use PayPal as a payment so I'm protected. Don't you guys have eBay or similar websites over there.
    Indeed, bad luck tripled. PayPal is quite new in the Netherland to be used as a form of payment. Most people don't want to use it because we transfer by online banking. PayPal isn't that trusted over here.
    Think the Marketplace in The Netherlands is not to be compared to where you life. Never heard of any issue buying secondhand items. Very safe here to buy secondhand. Normally no robbing and things. Only sick people do this and some kind of people here do this more often(no racism).. but in this case it also happend them.
    Can't carry and have guns here either. It even could be a fake one, I don't know. Didn't want to try it out..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    That indeed is a sad story.

Unfortunately i have no other trucks to give away at the moment otherwise I would have sent in one.

The marshals will probably move this thread to the alley as it is on the wrong subforum.

The main thing is at least you got out alive out of this, be very carefull as such encounters could be fatal...buy it safe, eBay does wonders, and if they can track and has proven that a fraud has ocuured, they will help you till teh situation has resolved.
    Very kind of you Jezza, but that even would be to much.
    Think they would also move it indeed, but will see.

That's for sure the most important thing. Most people who sell, sell from outside EU. That makes the prices after shipping and Taxes go beyond normal prices.. So it's cheaper to buy in own country, but not on this way ofcourse..

If you ever could get a nice deal on a truck, keep me in mind please. Still don't know what to do now..

If I were in your shoes I would give him my truck, I think that's the fair thing to do. I mean he was expecting one even put money from his own pocket.

RC Qualifier
    If I were in your shoes I would give him my truck, I think that's the fair thing to do. I mean he was expecting one even put money from his own pocket.
    If I had a Stampede left I would do that. For a first car I won't recommend a E-Revo for starters car. He drives it with my supervision and help and on the slow setting, that's why I wanted to go for a Rustler/Stampede because it is just to big for him.
    Only have the E-Revo left, everything else that I once had is gone because of a fire in my old house. That's why there isn't any money left to buy such things and I had to sell the stuff to get the money for it.

If it all was that easy, I gave him a car in the first place

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have encountered. It sounds like you tried hard to make the kids day, and everything was against you. If I had the funds I would purchase and send one, however my funds do not allow this. I hope they can track down who robbed you, it's disappointing that this is what people have come to do to others, especially a 10 year old kid. I remember seeing my kids face a few years back when I got him his rustler, his eyes lit up when he unwrapped it. Hopefully things will change and you can still get him a car of his own.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavi519 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have encountered. It sounds like you tried hard to make the kids day, and everything was against you. If I had the funds I would purchase and send one, however my funds do not allow this. I hope they can track down who robbed you, it's disappointing that this is what people have come to do to others, especially a 10 year old kid. I remember seeing my kids face a few years back when I got him his rustler, his eyes lit up when he unwrapped it. Hopefully things will change and you can still get him a car of his own.
    Very kind post, get's me emotional again.. Hoping for that face was exactly the purpose I was doing it for. The police doesn't have anything except the record of the website. But they have told me that there was probably nothing value on there because they make everything up. I hope we will get to that point indeed

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Guess. I hope those responsible get what's coming to them. The only sure way to get what your paying for is to hold the new-in-box truck at an authorized retailer. Anything used or parted out might be trouble.

and if I do. I make sure mine is racked and loaded.
    In a lot of places the only people who have firearms are the criminals.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck Guess. I hope those responsible get what's coming to them. The only sure way to get what your paying for is to hold the new-in-box truck at an authorized retailer. Anything used or parted out might be trouble.

In a lot of places the only people who have firearms are the criminals.
    Thanks TireSlinger, bought several new cars over the years. Used ones too and easy to fix up so you have yourself a good car.. But after the fire my whole collection melted away and could not get it back. So all cars I ever had are gone. Not so bullit proof after all:S.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    jeeez, I never thought that that would happen in holland! dang. but atleast I was trustworthy right? thats why my parents warn me about 'gestolen waar' maybe I should give you my stampede back...
    Last edited by Jelle318; 09-20-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    jeeez, I never thought that that would happen in holland! dang. but atleast I was trustworthy right? thats why my parents warn me about 'gestolen waar' maybe I should give you my stampede back...
    Yeah, that was my older nephew from the other family his car. But dropped it here to get it shipped to you because he is in the militairy and was going on a mission. Told me if he knew I wanted to buy a car for my little nephew he would have sold it to me for a cheap price. But you were first and Lucky one. That was the first bummer before all the crap that happend to me buying a car:S

RC Qualifier
    so I was the bad luck? lol... maybe I should give it back...... bummer man.

RC Qualifier
    so I was the bad luck? lol... maybe I should give it back...... bummer man.
    Haha, don't know of that, do know that mine run out..
    Nah, you upgraded your whole truck! Have fun with it! My luck will come..

Quote Originally Posted by GuessWh0oo View Post
    Thought it really can't go worse..
    Oh, but it could have been worse. MUCH WORSE!!! You walked away and have a heart beat. Sad but true, people have been killed for less.......
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Oh, but it could have been worse. MUCH WORSE!!! You walked away and have a heart beat. Sad but true, people have been killed for less.......
    Yes, it Always can be worse..
    But indeed, as mentioned before. glad I'm oke.

RC Competitor
    wow, that's crazy.
    But it's so sad anyhow, that site (marktplaats) seems to be overrun with scammers and the lowest of the lowest lately.
    Done a lot of business there in the past, but for me no more.

And indeed, used stuff business around here is much different from that in other places on the world.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by yonzariq View Post
    wow, that's crazy.
    But it's so sad anyhow, that site (marktplaats) seems to be overrun with scammers and the lowest of the lowest lately.
    Done a lot of business there in the past, but for me no more.

And indeed, used stuff business around here is much different from that in other places on the world.
    Yes indeed. Exactly what I thought. Selling on there is oke, but not buying for me anymore on the way I used to do..
    And never expected that to happen here and sure not with me. But learned from it and we will just wait till the time comes that we can surprise the kid like I/we wanted

RC Racer
    Crazy stuff that happens in this world we live in. Consider yourself very lucky and walked away. Wish I had some words that would make it better, but there isn't much, but hang in there. I've sold alot of stuff online local classifieds and have never had a problem. But I always meet someone in a busy location.

RC Qualifier
    I have only bought 1 thing on marktplaats. the truck I got from guesswhoo. the world is crazy.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-22-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: language

RC Competitor
    Yes indeed. Exactly what I thought. Selling on there is oke, but not buying for me anymore on the way I used to do..
    And never expected that to happen here and sure not with me. But learned from it and we will just wait till the time comes that we can surprise the kid like I/we wanted
    I don't even sell there anymore, last time, already some time ago, I tried to sell my last RC (1:10 Traxxas Rally) I got spammed with mails from countries like Nigeria, asking me to ship it to them and then after receiving it they would send me the money (sounds like a great deal, right!? ) or crazy bids like $50 for a RTR full STRC & RPM 1:10 Rally....

For me that was the last time selling like that, now i only buy new at the LHS or through eBay.
    Or classified from RC forums and only sell my stuff through RC forums.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Crazy stuff that happens in this world we live in. Consider yourself very lucky and walked away. Wish I had some words that would make it better, but there isn't much, but hang in there. I've sold alot of stuff online local classifieds and have never had a problem. But I always meet someone in a busy location.
    I'll do, thanks. This was close to a shopping mall and a gasstation. But in the backyard so still couldn't do anything. But would be better if it really was somewhere public indeed.

I have only bought 1 thing on marktplaats. the truck I got from guesswhoo. the world is crazy.
    Yes indeed. Nothing to do about it. Did hear from the Police this morning that the real owners of the house definitely had nothing to do with it. And that maybe one of the guys has been spotted on a camera near the Gasstation but I need to take a look at the image if it's one of them. So maybe there is hope they still get him.

Quote Originally Posted by yonzariq View Post
    I don't even sell there anymore, last time, already some time ago, I tried to sell my last RC (1:10 Traxxas Rally) I got spammed with mails from countries like Nigeria, asking me to ship it to them and then after receiving it they would send me the money (sounds like a great deal, right!? ) or crazy bids like $50 for a RTR full STRC & RPM 1:10 Rally....

For me that was the last time selling like that, now i only buy new at the LHS or through eBay.
    Or classified from RC forums and only sell my stuff through RC forums.
    No, I understand. Same here. Or shipping outside Netherlands and indeed they ask to pay by some strange payment or after it arrived.. And the bids are sometimes ridiculous, but think you would have that everywhere. People like to get the most for the smallest amount of money^^(aard van het beestje?). And the people that don't know the value of items..

But it would be better to buy from RC forums indeed. Maybe in the future if I come up with a new way of getting the funds
    Last edited by Double G; 09-22-2015 at 11:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    even marktplaats warns you from dealers outside holland. and some people do crazy bids on things. I wanted to sell my vxl system. put it up for 90 euro. a guy bidded 5 euro and saying that he wanted me to post it. a 1.95 euro loss? we could do with some honest people in this world. it never pays to share, be kind and most of all, be honest.
    Last edited by Jelle318; 09-22-2015 at 11:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    even marktplaats warns you from dealers outside holland. and some people do crazy bids on things. I wanted to sell my vxl system. put it up for 90 euro. a guy bidded 5 euro and saying that he wanted me to post it. a 1.95 euro loss? we could do with some honest people in this world. it never pays to share, be kind and most of all, be honest.
    Indeed it does. You even get a warning if they think someone is a fraud(takes a while). Most of times your to late if you receive that warning.

a guy bidded 5 euro and saying that he wanted me to post it. a 1.95 euro loss? we could do with some honest people in this world. it never pays to share, be kind and most of all, be honest.
    It does pay to share and to be honest. Don't be the fool who falls for that. You only bring yourself down to their level if you do.

I do the opposite, in fact it pushes me to be as honest and as giving a person I can be. I have my pride and my integrity, that's something nobody can take from me except myself.

There are a lot of good people in this world. Here's a great example. Pass it on!!!
    First read this. https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=spine

It leaded up to this https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post3255834
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Qualifier
    It does pay to share and to be honest. Don't be the fool who falls for that. You only bring yourself down to their level if you do.

I do the opposite, in fact it pushes me to be as honest and as giving a person I can be. I have my pride and my integrity, that's something nobody can take from me except myself.

There are a lot of good people in this world. Here's a great example. Pass it on!!!
    First read this. https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=spine

It leaded up to this https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post3255834
    Indeed, pride and integrity is something that makes a person. Stand by it and live life like you want.

Yes, that was a very nice event that happened. Glad that there are enough people in this world that have there heart in the right place.

RC Qualifier
    wow nitroaught, great of you to do that

wow nitroaught, great of you to do that
    My point was that there were many people, who didn't know this young boy, they don't really know me. Yet they donated good stuff, some things were brand new...

There's still good out there.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Qualifier
    My point was that there were many people, who didn't know this young boy, they don't really know me. Yet they donated good stuff, some things were brand new...

There's still good out there.
    Glad there still good people there indeed.

I have to say that was the most heart wrenching two posts I have ever read. Wish I could have been a part of it. All the members that responded and donated to this young man are NUMBER ONE
    Nitro your a stand up guy! Just curious if you have heard anymore.
    T-Maxx, SportMaxx, Slayer Pro,
    Stampede, Rustler

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up

Hey guys!
    I've got very nice and helpfull news that makes my day!

The Awesome and very generous 'Jezza' has given me/my nephew an E-Revo in parts!! I can't explain in words how much this means to me and what a great guy Jezza is! Really Really Awesome!

We only need some parts to build the car till it's finished
    -ESC and motor
    -Transmitter & Receiver
    -Receiver/RX box
    -Antenna hold
    -Body

It's getting send to us next week and will take some time to arrive, but can't wait to build it and show it to the kid! Will make some pictures at that time for sure!

That's awesome! Jezza is a extremely generous person. Good people 'round these parts of the interwebs.
    Good times don't just happen.

Thanks for the kinds words....hopelly it will arive with no hitch .

I have had problems sending to netherlands before, infact that is the only one that did not arrive at all no tracking , this time I will ask for tracking.

I am only doing a small thing I can, before the collection becomes too much, I am a bad hoarder apparently.....my wife is trying to space out the house...and just found a new rc in a box that I have not even opened yet and tried....yikes I forgot about that one.
    Last edited by Jezza; 09-28-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Thanks for the kinds words....hopelly it will arive with no hitch .

I have had problems sending to netherlands before, infact that is the only one that did not arrive at all no tracking , this time I will ask for tracking.

I am only doing a small thing I can, before the collection becomes too much, I am a bad hoarder apparently.....my wife is trying to space out the house...and just found a new rc in a box that I have not even opened yet and tried....yikes I forgot about that one.
    Ahh oke, almost never have issues getting post from other countries. With tracking it cant go wrong i guess.

Hahaha, your kidding xD. Got it with other stuff but not with RC's. Nice present for you to open and try.
    Your that kind to make others happy and all, your the best!

RC Qualifier
    thats great Guesswhooo, since I already have your address, I might send out some stuff!

RC Qualifier
    thats great Guesswhooo, since I already have your address, I might send out some stuff!
    Hi Jelle, that would also be great and very appreciated. Hope that does arrive, compared to the stickers..

RC Qualifier
    Hi Jelle, that would also be great and very appreciated. Hope that does arrive, compared to the stickers..
    ya, still havent received 'em? I think that I got the TX/RX covered, gotta talk to my dad first though. will holla back at you.

RC Qualifier
    ya, still havent received 'em? I think that I got the TX/RX covered, gotta talk to my dad first though. will holla back at you.
    No, nothing. So not expecting it anymore.
    That would be very awesome if that go through. We'll keep in touch

RC Qualifier
    yeah, or a body, e revo body or one by proline? if proline, I was thinking of the chevy c10 body.