RC poster

E-Revo, E-Maxx or Slash 4x4

Been out of RC cars since the 90's when I raced Associated buggies and on roads. Looking for something I could get into for backyard and maybe local racing (dirt and carpet).
    I know lipo and brushless are the way to go, once I get onejust cant decide and hoped folks would chime in. Thanks

RC Competitor
    Okay, glad to see that you're interested in RC cars again, and welcome to the forums!

I would always go with the brushless motors and 3s lipos. If you're not going to run it on hard surfaces, get a stadium truck, like the rustler vxl. If you want to run it in a backyard, don't get a short course truck. Those aren't high enough off the ground to go over that kind of terrain.

E-revos wheelie too easily, e-maxx's are way too big for racing, and the slash 4x4 is a short course truck not fitting what you want to do with them, but they are really good on the track.

Point made, go with either the Rustler VXL with Maxamps 3s 5450mAh battery or the traxxas 5000mah 11.1v battery, or the 1/10 slash 4x4 with tsm and brushless motor with 3s lipo of your choice and the right size.

Hope this helps!
    - MindBlown

RC Competitor
    so i dont have a emaxx but i do have slash 4x4 hcg and platinum and erevo all 3 are great.you said backyard and racing so i would say slash 4x4 hcg with 2.8 rims and tires when bashing and 2.2's when racing.revo needs alot more room to be really fun and probably not as likely to have a race class (just my guess i dont race or live near track thats not mine or friends)i always read emaxx are fragile and take alot of $$$ to make reliable. Hope this helps good luck

RC poster
    Thanks! Appreciate the info