RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)

Fraudulent Battery Vendor: Bego Racing

I ordered 2 Lipo batteries from Bego Racing on March 11. I emailed them a little over a month later because I had not received any shipping notice. Their reply was:

Hello
    I receive the new order about 2 weeks

Thanks !!

Sorry for the delay !!!
    Over 4 weeks later, I emailed them with an ultimatum. Batteries to my door in 1 week, or I open a Paypal dispute. No reply.

Today I opened the dispute, and let them know via email. They replied within 10 minutes, saying 1 more week. I replied saying bullcrap, refund my money.

I'll keep this thread updated as this progresses, but the bottom line is: Don't order from Bego Racing! They are a scam!
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

You ordered during the worst time for goods coming from China. This was during the recovery and ramp up from the Chinese New Year festival/holiday. Were the batteries claimed to be in stock or were they a pre-order? Did you request a refund before opening a dispute?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The batteries were claimed to be in stock. Also the vendor stopped replying to all my emails until the dispute was opened.

Now he's saying that he did the refund, yet I see nothing in my activity section. Does it take a while for these to go through? I've never gone through a refund or received payments before.

This is my fear of bying on line sites other then ebay and main hobby shops, amain, dollarhobbies etc.

Infact I wished they had them in stock, Bego Racing is about 25 minutes from where I live and offered him to come buy and buy on site, unfortunately it is on line only shopping.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by zball94 View Post
    The batteries were claimed to be in stock. Also the vendor stopped replying to all my emails until the dispute was opened.

Now he's saying that he did the refund, yet I see nothing in my activity section. Does it take a while for these to go through? I've never gone through a refund or received payments before.
    Good question. I don't know how it works in Canada, eh? []
    I have been informed by my LHS (owner's wife is from the area) and others how difficult it can be to get products from China and how the factory reps stretch the truth to the point of breaking. I see that most packs are no longer in stock @ Bego's supplier: SMC. Still, once the battery was found to not be in stock, you should have been informed and given a choice to wait or to cancel with refund.
    I'm pretty sure other canadians have ordered successfully from Bego. Maybe they can verify this?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-16-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Good question. I don't know how it works in Canada, eh? []
    I have been informed by my LHS (owner's wife is from the area) and others how difficult it can be to get products from China and how the factory reps stretch the truth to the point of breaking. I see that most packs are no longer in stock @ Bego's supplier: SMC. Still, once the battery was found to not be in stock, you should have been informed and given a choice to wait or to cancel with refund.
    I'm pretty sure other canadians have ordered successfully from Bego. Maybe they can verify this?

I can't speak for anything but my experience with SMC. They are a VA. based company that have national titles under their belt. I've bought directly from their site and it never took any longer than 3 days to get to my house. Check facebook for their following. it's HUGE.

I should edit this before i get in trouble...i'm not saying anyone is disparaging SMC, i just wanted to get my experience out there.
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 05-16-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

SMC is not in question here. They are simply Bego's normal supplier and therefore their involvement and your defense of them is off-topic and irrelevant.

Fair enough, i wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Qualifier
    I purchased 2 lipos from bego about a month ago (06/04/2015). My transaction was 100% perfect. Quick delivery to Vancouver. I would easily recommend them to others based solely on my transaction. Communication was great, product is fantastic. I am surprised to hear it wasn't the same for you.
    Slash HCG & SW8 2200 kv Slash LCG Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by newtonsapple View Post
    I purchased 2 lipos from bego about a month ago (06/04/2015). My transaction was 100% perfect. Quick delivery to Vancouver. I would easily recommend them to others based solely on my transaction. Communication was great, product is fantastic. I am surprised to hear it wasn't the same for you.
    Yeah I am sure they are great, that is the unfortune of beign a third party supplier. I am sure that they will deliver it but some times due to unseen circumstances beyond their own controll, they cannot fullfill the obligation in time.

In due time I will still buy those SMC trough them as they are the only rep I can see for Canada; and will keep my fingures crossed and hope that they will arrive in my expected time.
    Live life to the fullest

It might be a good idea to check the supplier's site for availability before you order from their dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    It might be a good idea to check the supplier's site for availability before you order from their dealer.
    Thanks, defintely will do...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    They really lost my respect after ignoring my emails inquiring about my batteries. A simple message saying "Out of stock, unsure of next shipment" would go a long way.

Anyway update to the debacle. They said "We're having legal issues with paypal right now and we can't refund you until that is settled" I tried sending them a basic money request for the amount owed, and they refused it (not related to their "legal issues")

RC Qualifier
    Well, after multiple failed attempts to get a refund through a simple paypal request, the case was escalated to a claim. Just this morning I FINALLY got my refund. Took long enough...