RC poster

Question about upgrading funny car motor

I have an XO-1 with a Leopard 5882 1/5th motor swap with the castle creations MM XL2 ESC in it. I bought my wife the Courtney Force traxxas funny car shortly after I got my XO-1. I did the leopard motor swap it when it was pretty new, so the stock 1717 motor and ESC are virtually brand new. I tried searching with no luck, but was wondering if it might be possible to put the stock XO-1's castle 1717 and stock ESC Into my wife's Courtney force funny car. Allowing us to run dual 11.1v LiPo Packs, and basically making it a lot faster with the right gearing. Any info or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!

J

RC Champion
    I have no experience with the funny car so take my post with a grain of salt. I'm guessing the size of the 1717 motor will not allow for an install into the funny car...I could be mistaken. If you get it to fit, I'm sure the drive train will not handle all that power.

Food for thought.

RC poster
    Great interesting points. But I thought about these things, and if somehow being able to run the xo-1 drivetrain to the rear wheels was a thought. I'll have everything this week so lll mock it up and take a look.

RC Enthusiast
    the 1717 motor is about 20mm too long to fit in the funny car.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycvr6 View Post
    Great interesting points. But I thought about these things, and if somehow being able to run the xo-1 drivetrain to the rear wheels was a thought. I'll have everything this week so lll mock it up and take a look.
    please post some pictures of the mock up.