RC Competitor

diesel switch over?

Hey all, sorry if its been discussed before, i tried searching a few times to no avail (maybe its just me).
    Im really into diesel and was wondering if there is any run off the mill diesel engines one can drop in a revo? ive seen some of the conversion kits a man makes but i dont know how to get a hold of one/ if theyre sincerely worth it. Also, the airplane type-but it seems they exceed the 1K$ mark and well, are extremely large for what we have to work with.
    Elsewise im considering dropping the ball on a .26 Red dot, just wondered about the diesel setup
    Thanks for anyone who can offer some advice.
    Revo 3.3 FTW!!

Even with a diesel set-up, such as from Davis Diesel, you need to run special fuel which costs at least the same as nitro.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Even with a diesel set-up, such as from Davis Diesel, you need to run special fuel which costs at least the same as nitro.
    OH not only that,,, you have to use a special head that has a variable compression setting... You think tuning these Nitro's are fun? Try that....

I've worked with a couple of them and they are a bear to get right... Oh,, and any change in the weather,,, your back to playing with the compression as well as mixtures...

I'll pass.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Competitor
    ahh so i figured. (sorry, i found it discussed a few times last night on here). just one of those projects that sound cool but i wont bother with.
    thanks for the input guys.
    Revo 3.3 FTW!!

RC Qualifier
    Not worth 100$ in my opinion you could do a lot with 100$

RC Qualifier
    I made my own kit from a echo 2 stroke chainsaw mostly the carb and a k&n air filter runs straight from the pump diesel have about 29gallons through it still running strong ill try to upload pics tommorow
    Slash rocks!!!