RC poster

high speed or high torque servo?

I am replacing servo, radio and receiver so I can run higher than 6 volts, looks like 7.4 volts I think I can run, question is for a 7.4 volt servo I can get a high torque or high speed servo. I would get high speed servo because vehicle is light and doesn't need extra steering torque (or at least I think, I could be wrong) but I am concerned that high speed servo might turn to fast making it difficult to drive/turn. Any thoughts?

A faster servo means that it responds faster to your steering commands. So when you steer a little, it just steers a little. But you want to make a fast sharp turn or some correction, a high speed servo will respond faster to your steering commands.

I think there is no need for a different receiver and radio, there are faster and stronger servos that just work with the stock set.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    A faster servo means that it responds faster to your steering commands. So when you steer a little, it just steers a little. But you want to make a fast sharp turn or some correction, a high speed servo will respond faster to your steering commands.

I think there is no need for a different receiver and radio, there are faster and stronger servos that just work with the stock set.
    I am switching just because I want to run higher voltage, 7.4 or whatever it is. More voltage=more better, case in point, thats why I am running 4s.
    Plus I already installed castle cc bec rx battery eliminator

I use a Castle BEC in my Stampede, but I still run my Sav÷x 1258TG on 6V. Enough torque and speed.
    More is not always better. Or sometimes very marginal better. You can tell the difference between a the stock 2075 and a the 1258 with the naked eye, but I wonder if you see the difference between a 0.06 and a 0.08 sec servo. I don't.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Peterjet is right, you wont really be able to tell the difference between a fast servo at 6volts or at 7.4 volts. A fast servo is already fast. The benefits would be so marginal. You can run a savoy 1258 with the stock BEC and you'll be super impressed with how fast it is. Way faster than I've ever needed it to be.