RC Qualifier

Difference between stampede and e-maxx?

I'm In the market for a new truck can you guys tell me what are the major differences between the 2 trucks? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Size and power. My emaxx is my most enjoyable truck simply because it goes just about where ever I take it
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

i replied to your other post
    "RED"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    Size and power. My emaxx is my most enjoyable truck simply because it goes just about where ever I take it
    Can the emaxx handle 15-20 foot jumps like the slash can?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    Can the emaxx handle 15-20 foot jumps like the slash can?

RC poster
    its all about scale.

for sure he can handle jumps like that , but its heavier than a stampede, so when you fail a jump and land on the nose or the top of the maxx you have more chances to break something.

you can look at this video at 1:30 i made a jump session with the stock chassis of my emaxx stock shocks and driveshafts, no upgrades at all excepted the wheels . there is a few hard landings and it didnt brake at all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lmb4...3&feature=plcp

im mostly a basher and run mine on ramps and bmx tracks and the only things i've wreck was 1 A-Arm in a tree. and 1 shock tower due to a landing on the roof.

the biggest difference between both will be the size/weight and the maintenance cost ... i would give a small durability advantage to the stampede mostly due to the lightweight..and the maintenance will be cheaper on the pede too..

But the maxx is still a solid truck stock and can be really tough with a few cheap RPM upgrades

yep two completely different vehicles.
    I think the op has answered his own question. The maxx weighs twice as much and isn't as balanced as the slash. If your still unsure buy an e-revo or a stampede.
    But if you want air time, buy a helicopter.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    The E-Maxx is a larger, heavier, more complex truck than is the Stampede. This carries an interesting set of benefits and compromises. The big compromises is it's more expensive to mod and maintain, and there are more things to break; particularly with the Maxx trucks, there are some known breakage points which are tough to get around.

The positives, in my eye, is its stability across all running environments; the bigger profile of the truck, body and wheels / tires; the huge availability of truck and truggy 3.2, 3.7, 3.8 wheels and tires, and the body size.

More than anything though, it's a subjective enjoyment of the E-Maxx that draws me to it. I had an E-Maxx for a couple months in 2002 which broke and was sold, and I attempted to replace with a brushless Stampede in 2007. While fun, I just didn't enjoy it as much and I finally got the new E-Maxx in 2011 and I haven't looked back. In my mind it's the king of monster trucks.