Here we go!!
New Projects are what keep my RC soul alive hehe!
This is basically for screwing with (in a friendly manner of course) the guys brains at my local track that only swear by their FT B4.1 and/or TLR 22b and/or Team Durango 2wd buggies who have most likely never even SEEN a Bandit at the track and even less at an actual CLUB RACE!
Well, being the avid TRX fan I've always been (only one of my 4 surface RCs isn't : its a LOSI SCTE), I've decided to give myself the goal to make it to the A-main (2wd buggy is the biggest class at my club in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada, and its quite competitive). Goal #2 will be winning the A-main, but we'll see about that later!
So far, here is what I've got on my workbench, the rest is either coming from the hobby shop (I work at) or eBay (for rarer parts I'm unable to get from the shop) :
- TRX black Bandit chassis [TRA3722]
- SPEKTRUM S6040 Digital Surface Servo - High Speed [SPMSS6040]
- Recycled nitro rusty front A-arms, bulkhead & bumper (pretty beat-up, who cares really?)
- Many MAXAMPS battery packs (all 2S for racing)
- JCONCEPTS B44.1/2 set of RULUX wheels [Rear: JCO3306, Front: JCO3307]
- Team Associated front B44.1/2 10mm front wheel hexes [ASC9750]
- TRX caster blocks, blue alum. [TRA3632A]
- INTEGY steering blocks, blue alum. [INTT7996BL]
- Team Associated alum. shock set [ASC????]
- JCONCEPTS Rips front tires, super-soft (green compound) [JCO3054]
- PRO-LINE front tire molded inserts [PRO618503]
- JCONCEPTS 3Ds rear tires, super-soft (green compound) [JCO3058] (...not in picture...)
- PRO-LINE rear tire molded inserts [PRO618501] (...not in picture...)
Here is the first pic of the project:
(more to come as the project moves along!)
sweet build,excited to see it finshed
looks sweet I love watching guys set up their bandits and rustlers for racing, keep us posted on your progress
Here's a mini-update:
-added a Dynamite alum. servo horn (proline bellcranks are on the way so the servo-saver-horn from trx won't be necessary!!)
-got some hardware to mount the arms and shocks
-mounted the rear tires
Here's a peek:
I want to race mine too, but I think ill get blown away by the competion.
I received a few goodies from the hobby shop:
- JCONCEPTS - Illuzion body & wing [JCO0043]
- PRO-LINE - Performance transmission [PRO609200]
- PRO-LINE - Performance steering bellcranks w/integrated servo saver [PRO606700]
- TRX rear a-arms [TRA2750R]
I also preliminarily installed old rusty drive shafts (need to be trimmed a bit) and steering linkage
Very nice!, you'll have to let me know how the PL gearbox runs. Looking at putting one in myself.
Installed rear hubs [INTT7981BL] ...but I either need bearing with bigger outer diameters or I need some plastic bushings like Integy SHOULD'VE INCLUDED ...oh well
Still need to cut the shafts.
Still need to dremel the chassis and fit the battery straps.
Got my receiver in there! A new Spektrum DSM2 SR3100
Nice work so far. Are you going to upgrade the slipper? Good luck at the track.
Deer meat in the freezer
My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...
Subscribing for updates.
look what came in the mail!! unfortunately, its right before school so the install will have to wait...
-Bandit front axles [TRA2437]
-Integy rear CF tower [INTT7981BL]
looks nice man cant wait to see it finished!
Your still in school and working at a hobby shop? nice!
Nice!, does the carbon fiber rear tower have holes to mount the rear wing?
Here's an update:
- I opted for RPM rear hub carriers until I find the proper bearings for the Integy hubs, although I just might save 'em for my Nitro Rusty..!! [RPM80732]
- I'm done trimming the drive shafts!
- I'm half-done dremelling the chassis for batt straps intallation
- I fabricated some battery pads for the chassis tub out of a recycled spotlight handle pad
- Installed the front axles and rear shock tower
Coming along nicely mate, cheers for the reply above too.
That proline gearbox is next on my list! - Does it need to be adjusted straight out of the box, eg the slipper?
PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler
lookin great mate, I cant wait to see her finished and racing
wow this is gonna be fun to keep an eye out for. would be funny to see this win against purpose race built buggies. reminds me of the first time i raced at our local track my second race out. cause i only came in 4th in the first due to driveline issues. i ended up winning the novice class. with a traxxas slash. i had somebody pitted next to me with a team losi 22sct and he could not belive it was a traxxas slash that won. well im gonna get the new proline chassis for it adn im gonna try to beat all of the race rigs in stock sct. and in my class there was a slash 4x4 that i beat by 6 sec. he had swaybars and a much more powerful novak system. i have a slash with rpm parts and a vxl system on 2s and i beat them with some suspension tuning. it funny watching people's faces beating them with a slash.
It's been a year since this thread closed, has there been any progress?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Indeed the project has evolved!
I've been racing it outdoors in the summer time, indoors in the winter time!
I usually qualify A but sometimes start 1st or 2nd in the Bmain, but never in C hehe!
It's not a cornering machine like the B4.2s, 22bs or Durangos, but it sure is competitive, which was my primary goal: to be able to compete with the better guys with a Traxxas no less!
Here's a few pics of the Bandit in its last building stages. It has since then been modified even more but I'll have to post the more recent pics later today or tomorrow.
It's looking good! Are those Integy front and rear towers? How have they held up? Where do you mount your ESC? I have mine mounted on the opposite side of the receiver.
I just started racing my Bandit indoors, it's a lot more capable than I thought, but it handle a little better.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4