RC Racer

Can I use Reg Slash receiver and transmitter with 4x4 ultimate?

I bought a raptor a week ago and noticed it didnt get much traction (mostly running in back yard) so I got a 4x4 slash ultimate. My receiver wont come for a week or 2 so i was wondering if i could take the receiver out of the raptor and put in the slash 4x4 and use the transmitter i go with the raptor?

Dont want to wait a few weeks to play with the 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by zx10 View Post
    I bought a raptor a week ago and noticed it didnt get much traction (mostly running in back yard) so I got a 4x4 slash ultimate. My receiver wont come for a week or 2 so i was wondering if i could take the receiver out of the raptor and put in the slash 4x4 and use the transmitter i go with the raptor?

Dont want to wait a few weeks to play with the 4x4
    Yes you can, in fact you can use them in most any rc as long as the transmitter and receiver are compatible.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Mine would not work. I tried this very thing myself about a month ago. My wifes Ford slash raptor and my Slash platinum 4x4. Hers is the TQ tx.rx and mine is the TQI blue i tx.rx and they are not interchangeable. https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide. If you have the older TQ red i then it is somewhat compatible and will work without the telemetry and model memory. Im talking about the 6518 and 6519 receivers. If you want to use the raptor rx and tx out of the raptor and putting it in the ultimate then absolutely it will work.
    Last edited by Joeea; 12-16-2014 at 04:42 PM.

as long as the transmitter and receiver are compatible.
    They will work if as stated in my post, "the transmitter and receiver are compatible"
    the receiver out of the raptor and put in the slash 4x4 and use the transmitter i go with the raptor
    Done as he asked it will work.
    If you want to use the raptor rx and tx out of the raptor and putting it in the ultimate then absolutely it will work.
    Sorry I didn't read your entire post before I started my rant.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    How doe i post pics from my computer? Only see url links.

I took apart both receiver boxes. I cant figure out what is holding the raptor (TQ Red) receiver in the box, looks like its 1 piece box and all.

On the slash 4x4 i dont see how i would attach a receiver, does it just snap in?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you take a look inside your receiver box? You need to bind them together by pressing the transmitter's menu/set button and receiver button at the same time you turn the power on.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Racer
    I opened both receiver boxes, It looks like the one in the raptor is actually part of the box, even if i get it out i dont know how it would stay in the receiver box for the slash 4x4.

How do you post pics??
    Last edited by zx10; 12-17-2014 at 10:36 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I opened both receiver boxes, It looks like the one in the raptor is actually part of the box, even if i get it out i dont know how it would stay in the receiver box for the slash 4x4.

How do you post pics??
    All traxxas receiver box are sealed waterproof, you just have to open that box.

To post pics you have to have a web host like photobucket.com and from there you upload your pics.
    humay has left the building, peace.

How do you post pics??
    The receiver is held in the box by double sided tape. If you gently pull on it, it will come loose.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S 2400 MIP King Headz RPM 3PL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    The receiver is held in the box by double sided tape. If you gently pull on it, it will come loose.
    Great thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    All traxxas receiver box are sealed waterproof, you just have to open that box.

To post pics you have to have a web host like photobucket.com and from there you upload your pics.
    Great thanks
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-17-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: merge